Chapter 2.

Ethan's pov

"Grayson!" I yell as I walk in the front door. Grayson strolls out from the kitchen, a Lays chip bag in one hand, his phone in the other. A chip hangs from his mouth as he looks at me confused.

"What is it, you lunatic?" He asks, chuckling at the look on my face.

"She's coming home. She's moving back!" Excitement ringing through my voice. "And stop eating my chips, fatass." I snatch my chips from his hands and roll up the bag. He scoffs and licks his fingers before tucking his phone back in his jean pockets.

"Gracie is coming back to the States?" He asks, a large smile appearing.

"Yes! She's going to be flying back on their jet in two weeks!" I say, Grayson throws his fists in the air.

"Finally!" He yells in excitement. "I bet you're excited." He laughs as I walk into the kitchen.

"I'm just happy she'll be back. And she's going to Lakewood with us." I say, Grayson smiles as he leans against the fridge.

"How did you even find out?" He asks, I shrug.

"I was over at her parents house." I answer, he raises an eyebrow at me.

"Why were you at her parents house, you're so weird dude." He laughs and shakes his head.

"Shut up. They love me." I roll my eyes as I walk past him to the stair case.

"So she'll be here to spend the rest of summer with us and then spend senior year with us?" Grayson asks, following me into my room. I nod.

"I swear if you don't admit your feelings for her when she comes back." He teases as he nudges my shoulder.

"Piss off, dude. I don't feel like that towards her. She's my best friend." I defend, Grayson laughs.

"So you wouldn't mind if I were to shoot my shot?" He asks, I groan.

"You aren't going to ever shoot your shot with her. She doesn't want you, fuck boy." I joke, he rolls his eyes.

"Thats what you think." He says getting off my bed.

"You aren't her type." I defend her, he rolls his eyes again.

"Ethan, just admit you're in love with our best friend!" Grayson continues to tease me. I roll my eyes at him and lay on my bed.

"Get the fuck out." I say, he laughs and closes my door as he leaves.

I lay on my bed and stare at the ceiling. I wonder if Grace will be happy when she comes back. After freshman year, I was so worried for her to ever come home. She was so hurt, and it's all because I couldn't notice what was going on around the school. When I got that call from Annalise telling me that Grace was being rushed to the hospital, I broke down. I should have paid more attention to how she had been acting so distraught, instead I had pushed that away and acted as I always would. And to this day, I feel so bad and so guilty over it. Over the entire situation.

Grace was always the one person to make anyone feel better about themselves. She herself, was very pretty. I'm not going to lie. She was short, maybe 5'6 or so. Her long, curly, dark brown hair fell down to the middle of her back. Her green eyes were always so bright and filled with life. Her body was petite. She was very skinny, but had lots of muscle in her legs and arms. Not to be that asshole who talks about girls body as if they were just toys, but she had a nice ass and tits. She played basketball and ran track, and shes amazing at playing piano. She was so uplifting in any situation, and always knew what to say. In addition to all of those amazing traits, she was beyond smart. She's a genius when it comes to math and science. Not to mention, she doesn't get help from any tutors. Her family is very well off, both of her parents were very wealthy when they met, and so they grew together and became even more wealthy. Her mother is a highly praised Neurosurgeon, known worldwide. And, well, her father was the fonder of Turano Industries, which is a VERY booming business in New York. Not only is Grace'a family so highly known for her parents jobs, they also run a church. One of the biggest churches in New Jersey. Lets just say, their family is very, very wealthy. But Grace doesn't seem to like it and tries to lay low from all of the high end brands.