Chapter 8

Amanda's POV
3 months later
I walk into our house and take a deep breath.

"Welcome home, Lexi." I say and turn around to see Chris putting the bags down.
He was just about to say something when his phone rang, of course. He picked up the phone and walked upstairs to his office. We had just had our beautiful baby girl and he couldn't get off work for a just few hours. This was meant to be a time in our lives we could spend with our little angel, but no. Not in his world.

I walked into the living room and snuggled Lexi closer to my chest. She is the most beautiful, most precious thing I have ever seen. Suddenly it hit me that I hadn't told either Simon or Piers about me going into labour.
I placed Lexi in her stroller an picked up my phone from my purse.
They had probably already seen that I had given birth in the papers, so if anything I needed to apologise for not telling them. Especially to Simon, he had helped me through everything in this pregnancy. I was also surprised that I wasn't feeling guilty for kissing him every chance I got, and him doing the same. We hadn't had sex because we both agreed that it was wrong, but the sexual tension was of the charts. Some of our kisses were caught on camera, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary, as a few pecks on the lips were a part of our dynamic and Chris didn't seem to mind that much. But he also didn't know about the more heated kisses that no one except me and Simon knew about.

I listened to the signals go by and soon I heard Simon's calm voice on the other side.

"Hello darling." He said and I smiled at just hearing his voice. Since BGT ended I hadn't heard from him in a while, which was mostly because I had been nine months pregnant and he was in the middle of filming X-Factor.

"Hi, Simon. I just wanted to call you quickly to say something. Do you have time?" I asked, knowing he had minimal breaks in his work schedule.

"Of course, Mandy. I always have time for you, and I'm on my break at the moment. Besides, I was just about to call you anyways to tell you something, but you go first!" He said and I my smile somehow grew even bigger than it already was. How did he manage to have time for people that he loved and Chris didn't. Simon's schedule was even more hectic than Chris's, yet Chris almost never had time.

"Okay, I'm sorry if you've already read it in the papers, but two days ago I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. We've named her Lexi." I said.

"I never read the papers, so no I didn't know, but congratulations to you two! When X-Factor wraps I'm going to have to meet the little sweetie!" He said and I was relieved he wasn't upset about it.

"I can't wait for her to meet you. You're going to be an amazing father one day, Si." I said.

"If I ever have children that is." He said and laughed a little on the other end, but I could tell he really wanted to have a child of his own.

"Okay, so what did you want to tell me?" I asked.

"Oh, yes! Right! ITV has renewed Britain's got talent, and both you, Piers, Stephen, Ant and Dec are coming back!" He said and sounded ecstatic about the renewal.

"That's great, Simon! When do auditions start?" I asked.

"It's all a bit fuzzy at the moment, but as it looks right now, January next year." He answered, which was great, because that meant I could spend a few months only devoting my time to Lexi and trying to keep my relationship with the father of my child alive. Not for my sake, but for hers.
On the other hand, it would be tough not seeing Simon for another 3 months.

"That sounds great!" I said and that's when I heard a faint voice in the background. A faint female voice to be exact.

"Come on, baby, lets get back to work." I could make out but and before I could ask who it was Simon interrupted me.

"Sorry, darling, I've got to go." He said and hung up.

I wasn't used to this Simon. He had never hung up on me like that before. He ended it just like Chris usually does. Was Simon seeing someone? I mean I guess he had every right too. We had never taken it further than kissing and never really made anything official, but why was there a part of me that felt so mad at him for doing that. We don't see each other in a few months and he just moves on?
I needed him. I needed his love and support.
A lump was starting to form in my throat and I swallowed it hard trying not to cry.
I didn't feel like talking to anyone so I just texted Piers, Ant, Dec and Stephen the news.

Standing next to a now sleeping Lexi I heard footsteps coming from upstairs. I turned around to see Chris once again, and he didn't look happy.

"What's wrong Chris?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing. Just work stuff." He said and tried to put on a more calm face before he continued.
"I heard you talking to Simon, and I just want to make something clear..." he said in a serious voice and I was getting kind of nervous.
"...Now that we have a child, I don't want anymore of you two flirting and kissing. I'm the only man in your life from now on Mandy."

"Flirting with him? Chris, he's my friend!" I lied, but it was still kind of true. We weren't just friends, but we weren't that much more than friends either.

"Friend? He is all over you and you accept it!" Chris was now yelling, and I couldn't understand where this was coming from. Why was he suddenly starting to care?
That's when I snapped.

"Listen up Chris! Me and Simon are just friends! He is there whenever you're not, which is quite often actually, and he is the one that helped me get through this pregnancy, not you! Don't tell me how to act around my friends! And for the last time, DON'T. CALL. ME. MANDY!" I yelled at the top of my lungs and Lexi started crying next to me.

Chris looked at me for a few seconds. A million thoughts were running through my head and all I wanted was for Simon to tell me it was okay, but no. Here I was, alone with my crazed fiancé, my newborn child and my mixed feelings. Should I leave and stay with mum for the weekend until things with Chris cooled down, or should I stay here? I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt a sharp pain on the right side of my face. I didn't scream out in pain. I didn't cry. I just looked at Chris in disbelief and put my hand on the side of my face that he had hit. I removed it soon after only to realise it was covered in blood from my nose and mouth. Admits all this all I could hear was the sound of Lexi crying. I didn't want to leave her alone with Chris so I picked her up and made my way quickly towards the door, but I was stopped by Chris.

"You're not going anywhere until you promise that you won't ever do more than talk to Simon. No hugs. No kisses. No nothing!" He screamed in my face.
"And most importantly, you don't tell anyone about this." He said angrily and I nodded. I couldn't do anything else. I would usually say something back of hit him where it hurts,
but I just felt so small, standing in front of this man with my everything in my arms.

Simon's POV
Right after he had hung up on Amanda
Cheryl put her hand on my shoulder as I hung on Amanda. I felt horrible for doing that.

"Are you seriously talking to Amanda?" She said and rolled her eyes.

"Yes, and why do you care? She just had a baby and she wanted to tell me." I said.

"See, she just had a child with ANOTHER man, Simon. She didn't have a child with you. She loves someone else, so why don't you and I just come out and make it official to the public?" She said and smiled in a crazy way which was really kind of scaring me.

Of course I was well aware that Amanda was engaged to someone and had a baby with him, but from the moments me and Amanda shared, and the things she was telling me about Chris, it didn't really seem like she truly loved him. Maybe I was wrong, but my gut was telling me that there was something she still wasn't telling me about her relationship with Chris, but I didn't want to force her into telling me.

"Hello?" Cheryl pulled me out of my deep thoughts and smacked my head.

"Yes, um no. I think we should wait a bit longer." I said and she sighed.

"Ughhh, fine..." She said and started to walk out of the green room.
"Are you going to come with me or not?" She asked and I realised the break was over. Back to work.

————————————————————————
Once again I kind of feel like this chapter sucks, but tell me what you think.

Also there is a lot going on in my life at the moment, so I might not update as often.