Chapter 51~ Dinner and Serious Talk

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

Together they walked into the restaurant and walked up to the terrace. The weather is pleasant and the ambiance very relaxing. A serene smile appeared on Aashi's face. She looked at Rishabh. He smiled too but there was something missing. Aashi knew him since childhood and she could tell that he is still depressed.

Why are you torturing yourself, Rishabh – She thought to herself with a sad smile. A waiter greeted them and took them to an empty seat. Aashi and Rishabh are both happy to get a seat next to the parapet. They sat facing each other and the waiter passed them the menu.

'Feel free to order anything. The bill is on me.' Rishabh said opening the menu card.

'Then I will order the most expensive dish.' Aashi replied and grinned evilly. Rishabh smiled shaking his head.

After the waiter had taken their order and left, Aashi turned her head and looked ahead. The tall buildings captivated her. She smiled. But soon, her smile faded when she heard him call her softly. She turned to look at him. He looked back seriously.

'I am sorry.' Rishabh said sincerely. Aashi smiled genuinely and tilted her head little to one side.

'Arey, you are still sulking about today morning.' She waved her hand looking away briefly before looking back at him.

'I am not talking only about today morning.' He said, and she froze. She looked at him holding her breath. He smiled sadly and lowered his head.

'I was such a fool.' He said shaking his head. Aashi's heart dropped. Why is he blaming himself? The thought hurting her more. He looked up at her and she extended her hand. Before she could hold his, he held her hand and she inhaled inwardly.

'Rishabh.' – Aashi began softly, she extended her other hand and placed her palms on their overlapping ones, - 'Don't blame yourself. You weren't at fault.'

'Then whose fault was it?' He asked staring into her eyes. Looking at the intensity Aashi was taken aback.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, - 'Laila's.' She said. She noticed the color of his face disappear and his grip over her palm loosened. After so many years, the name crept in between the two best friends again. Rishabh looked away shaking his head.

'No, no. It was my fault,' – He looked at her again, - 'For someone, I hardly knew I was doubting you. And even...slap-'

'Rishabh.' Aashi held his palm tightly. 'That girl manipulated you so cleverly. ****' Aashi said bitterly and Rishabh looked stunned that she used a harsh word. Aashi has always been a sweet girl. She looked back and grinned.

'I don't know what had gotten into me.' Rishabh said moving his palm and touching his face.

'You were bitten by the love bug. She was hot.' Aashi said looking at Rishabh. He glared at her. Giving her an I-am-serious look.

Aashi sighed rolling her eyes. 'Rishabh, that was past, okay? And I forgive you for that. Don't think about it.' She said seriously. Rishabh lowered his head and moved his hand. He sighed.

'I wish I could just go in the past and change everything.' He commented and Aashi pressed her lips tightly. She folded her arms and placed it on the table all the while glaring at her stupid friend.

'You can't do that unless you have a time machine.' She looked curiously at him and raised her eyebrow, - 'Do you?'

Rishabh sighed moving his head. Aashi suppressed a smile.

'Since you don't have one then what is the point in crying over spilled milk. You spend so many years of your life in misery. Now, is the time you start living your life.' She explained. Rishabh shook his head and Aashi held his palm again, - 'It is time to move on. Find love again.' Aashi tried explaining. Rishabh moved his hand. He looked seriously into her eyes.