1

the knk members had finished their schedule and were now inside their van as their manager drove back to their dorms.

the recording had honestly been so fun and seungjun had enjoyed nearly every minute of it, nearly. but one thing that was on his mind was youjin.

youjin was acting strange today and seungjun knew it. something was up with youjin and the taller boy just had to find out what it was. besides the fact that seungjun had a crush on youjin, it was also a friendship or member thing. anyways the taller boy just needed to find out what was on youjin's mind.

as they stepped out of the van and watched as their manager drove away, seungjun kept his eyes on youjin. the way youjin acted was not his usual self and seungjun could easily tell. when youjin was upset he would try to act more cheerful so people wouldn't catch on, but it was exactly that forced smile and laugh that caught seungjun's attention.

"let's go now" jihun said as he walked towards the door of their apartment. everyone followed as they boarded the elevator. youjin was on the far left while seungjun was on the far right with heejun and inseong in between them. seungjun really wanted to make his way to youjin but he knew that youjin wouldn't open up that easily, especially in front of people.

youjin was just like that. he never liked it when he made people worry. he would always be there for others when they worried but he hated it when he was the reason why people were worried. that was why he usually kept to himself. 

seungjun had soon realised that was because of his family. it had been around their debut, right after their first showcase. youjin's entire family had travelled to watch them live. it had been a heartwarming moment and one that made seungjun fall for youjin even more.

as soon as they had walked off the stage and youjin saw his mum, he had silently shed tears as he hugged her. the rest of the knk members watched a little shocked as the youjin they knew would never cry.

hearing a few screams from behind, youjin immediately wiped his tears away and plastered a smile as he greeted his younger siblings. the other members had then greeted their own parents while seungjun stood alone. his parents lived quite a distance away and seungjun hadn't wanted to bother them about it, his mother had also recently had surgery so seungjun had insisted that they rest and visit him another time.

just like that, seungjun had been standing for a few minutes before he felt a small but warm hand on his arm. looking down he saw a small woman that was youjin's mum.

smiling warmly she had asked where his parents were and seungjun had forced a smile saying they lived far and couldn't make it. mrs kim then gave seungjun a short hug before he pulled him towards where her husband and children were.

it had turned into an enjoyable time as they chatted and played with the children. after a while, youjin had gone to play with his siblings and seungjun was alone with mrs kim.

"our youjin", she had started, catching seungjun's attention, "he seems very uncaring and maybe even cold doesn't he?"

seungjun would be lying if he had never thought of youjin like that so he just nodded a little.

mrs kim chuckled a little before she continued, "living as the head of the family with several younger siblings makes you like that. i still remember that when our third child was born, both me and my husband were extremely busy, we barely had time to take care of our newborn let alone the two older children. that's why youjin is like that," she explained, "he automatically takes care of the people around him but he does it quietly".

clearing her throat a little, she continued "he's responsible and is actually very sensitive you know? he just hides it from everyone because he doesn't want us or anyone to worry about him. my youjin is a very sweet boy".