Chapter 11

"Eat more," Mum urged, and Greyson looked at the food in front of us and gulped. I glared at Mum and she shot me a look. Out of all days, she'd chosen to cook spicy Korean food today. "Well, er, to be honest, I don't eat that much of spicy food," Greyson laughed nervously, scratching the back of his neck. "Oh," Mum replied sweetly, shoving kimchi into his bowl, "you must learn how to eat spicy food then. Abbygail loves it." I opened my mouth to protest but Mum kicked my leg under the table. Greyson looked at his food, and slowly took a bite.

   "How is it?" Mum asked with fake enthusiatism, "my cooking never fails to amaze anyone." Greyson gave a tight smile a drank a big mouthful of water. "Of course, Mrs. Simon," he answered. Mum gave a brief nod and continued eating in silence.

    "Be sure to come back next time," Mum said while Greyson was walking to the door. He shot me a look and said, "Of course, Mrs. Simons." "See you tomorrow," I said shyly, putting my hand on his shoulder. He smiled at me and walked out.

    "Enough of staring," Mum snapped, folding her hands in front of her. "Mum," I said through gritted teeth, "why did you have to torture him like this? Honestly, I didn't know you were so mean." Mum raised an eyebrow. "Oh, then maybe you shouldn't have kept a boy in your room!" she retorted. "Mum!" I exclaimed. "You make me sound like a slut!" We stared each other down until the silence became to awkward. "Go to sleep, now," she instructed, keeping the plates. I stormed off to my room, slamming the door behind me.

     I reached for my phone and tapped the Whatsapp icon. I hurriedly typed out a message, saying:

Hey, hope your mouth is ok after all that spicy food. Haha. Anyway, I'm truly sorry for what happened. You know, mums. :(

    Then I left the phone by my side table and waited for an hour. Greyson saw the message, but he didn't reply. I was crushed. Was he mad at me already?