Dresses

A/N: Underlined sentences are spoken in French.

November 28th, 1958. 1:38 pm, Juliet and Russell Smith's Household

Buddy and I came to Juliet's house about a half hour ago, and she just suggested that we split off. Me and her, Russ and Buddy. I feel sort of bad for Buddy, seeing as he literally just told me that he's scared of him. I mean, Russ is gigantic, I'm scared too. He could shatter my arm by punching it.

"Yeah, sure, I'm okay with that. You, Vi?" Buddy looks genuinely fine. He is a great actor, after all.

I nod. "Yeah, sounds good."

Juliet stands up slowly. She's starting to show her little pregnant belly. It's pretty cute...is that weird?

"Come on, there's a new little strip mall! I want to check it out." Juliet smiles and places a hand on her stomach. I do admit, I have baby fever, but not for my own kids. Other people's babies are the best...mostly because once they start crying I can hand them back over to the parent and not deal with it. Will I be a bad mom?

Juliet and I left Buddy and Russ at the house. She drags me into a maternity store and I sigh.

"You okay, Vi?" Juliet asks me.

"Mhm, just a little...shaken, I guess." I respond, reaching into my purse for chapstick.

Juliet walks into one of the many, many aisles and starts to look at dresses. "About what?"

"I told Buddy about Koch today." I mumble, leaning against a rack.

"You did?!"

"Yeah, I did."

"Took you long enough. I was actually thinking, Violet. Maybe I should name one of these babies after him. He always was there for us."

"So you want to name your kid Wilhelm?" I smile

"Well, maybe William. Wilhelm would be...a different name."

"I guess."

After an hour of maternity shopping, We finally get to leave and go to the next store, a normal clothing store. Juliet has been babbling on about babies and names and nurseries.

"Russ really likes Buddy."

I snapback to reality. "What?"

"Russ really likes Buddy."

"Oh, that's great!"

"Does Buddy like Russ?"

I pause. I don't know if I should lie or come clean. I decide to lie to save Buddy's dignity. "Yeah, he thinks he's pretty neat."

Juliet holds up a dress and smiles. "Try this on for me."

"But I don't wanna!"

"Come on, Vi! I want to know what it would look like on me!"

I roll my eyes and take the dress, wandering into the dressing room. Juliet follows and crams herself into the room with me.

"Really?"

"I see you naked in the mirror every morning."

"You're right, damn it."

I change into the dress and Juliet grins. "You look stunning!"

I turn around and look in the mirror. I admit, I look damn good. " Huh, you're right again."

"You're buying it, no choice." Juliet grins. "I wish I could. Maybe I should buy one now and wait until after they're here to wear it!"