"Oh, c'mon, girly." I said quietly, picking her up with one hand and holding her to my chest as I carried her downstairs. I walked outback into the dark backyard, the wind blowing my hair. Maybe it sounded weird but I always felt powerful when the wind blew, connected and at home. It didn't matter where I was.

Jack and Cookie began going pee everywhere, her smaller body following his large one around the yard. I leaned my head back, looking up at the moon and the stars as the wind blew my hair. I sighed to myself and watched the twinkle of the stars. I was swaying a little in the wind, twirling from side to side in my spot and making the stars blur with my movement. I could hear the trees shaking, leaves brushing against each other as the wind blew them and I loved it.

I felt at peace like this, calm and more myself. I didn't know how to explain it. It was a little cold outside and the wind was only making it chillier but I didn't mind.

"What the hell are you doing?" I hear Reed's voice murmur. I jolt in surprise, my head shooting up as I doin around. "Fuck, you scared the shit out of me." I huff. "I wasn't doing anything." I answer, frowning as I turn back around and face the fence. "You some type of earth muffin?" Reed asked.

I rolled my eyes, "No! I just like this type of weather. It's peaceful." I defended, and he snorted. "Can't you make your dogs hurry up?" He grumbled, coming to stand next to me. I ignored him and simply leaned my head back, continuing to relish in the comfort the wind brought me as I stared up at the sky. "Seriously, make them hurry up." He repeats, and I roll my eyes.

"Whats the rush? We've got time, calm down. It's only seven." I mutter. Reed grunts in annoyance, "You've got time. I need to go to the school and do this quick. I've got someone to fuck later." He mutters. My cheeks heat despite the cold, "I didn't need to know that." I say softly, feeling embarrassed. "Are you blushing?" He scoffs. I shake my head hurriedly, "No. It's cold." I lie, though it is cold. "Prude." He mumbles. "I'm not a prude." I frown, lifting my head up straight.

I look over at Reed, who looks unimpressed, "You're the biggest virgin I've ever met and I mean that in more than just the physical way." He rolls his eyes and I furrow my brows. "You don't even know me." I defend. "I don't need to. I can tell by the way you act, you've never been kissed. Never been touched. Never been fucked. Hell, you probably haven't even had a boyfriend." Reed snorts.

I frown and look at the ground. I wasn't sure which I hated more: being judged for something I wasn't or being judged for something I knew I was.

"It's none of your business." I look up at Jack, my voice quiet as I watch him run around with Cookie. I never saw the point in any of that. Relationships, I mean. I knew how it went and I knew how it'd end. I'd be setting myself up for heartbreak and I didn't want that. Highschool boys were just that- highschool boys. They could swear to the ends of the earth that they cared for me, but I knew the truth. They didn't care. None of the ones I knew, anyways.

I'm not saying they're all like that, because they're not. They can't be. I'm just saying, all of the guys I have ever liked or cared for ended up screwing me over in some way. It's stupid to try to build a relationship when I don't think it's going to last. It just didn't interest me anymore. I grew up in this town, around all of the people.

They didn't know me, but I knew them. I observe, that's what I do, even when it doesn't seem like it. I could pin them easily, knew when someone was genuine and when they weren't. After being around these people for so long, I started to notice that a lot of the guys acted the same. Who's to say they won't take leaving and turn it into a habit, a home?

I just didn't see why I should invite someone into my life, in a romantic way, when I knew they probably weren't going to be staying in it.

"I'm going to assume that means I'm right and you're mad about it. It's funny that people are actually calling you a slut. You haven't even had a relationship." He sounds as if he thinks its funny, but doesn't have an expression on his face. It's just neutral, as always. I lean my head back again, "You heard about that?" I ask. Reed scoffs, "How could I not? I've had a bunch of guys asking me how it felt to take your virginity, other guys asking if I could talk you into giving them blowjobs or sex." He shrugs.