✩ chapter VII, act III ⓲

Start from the beginning

His words sounded like a threat towards the entirety of the world. And by all means... the idea of destroying the world was looking rather pretty to them at the moment, and maybe, just maybe, they would burn it down together, they would declare war on it all.

He cocked his head from one side to the other, his tone hard and challenging, she kept on chewing at her lip, trying to control the shit-eating grin that was trying to spread itself across her face.

Love had never been gentle nor kind to either of them, but now they knew why. He was almost raging at her hesitance, "I pray to the gods that I am not ever away from you."

Ivar grinned at her promise, he knew they wouldn't ever be away, they couldn't ever be away from each other. The boy pulled her into his lap, as he sat on the edge of the bed and she previously stood in front of him.

Her cheeks burned and she nuzzled her face into his neck while he grabbed her hands, slipping a cold material on her fourth finger.

She pulled away quickly, staring at her hand incredulously as he waved his own hand at her in dismissal.

Nero's eyes widened as she saw the ring promising their marriage, she looked down and analyzed the new material around her finger.

Two wolf paws forged in perfect bronze. The runes engraved signifying union and family and she ran her fingers over the material, for a moment she thought she would cry.

Ivar chuckled at her expression, her eyes were shining with her love for the piece, he glanced down at his own ring, the exact same replica of her's. The wolf paws reminded him that she would always be with him, no matter what. He finally had her wrapped around his finger, in all manners possible.

Nero squealed excitedly, she could no longer contain it. The girl threw her back on the bed, her legs laying on his lap as she brought her hand to her face, her toothy smile made Ivar's heart feel so warm.

How could anyone else ever compare to her? The simple sight of the girl made him crazy, she made him wish to conquer it all for her, she made him wish he to be a god so he could give it all to her.

She got on all fours on the bed and pushed him back down, so his feet were still glued to the floor. The wolf promptly climbed onto his lap, her grin never leaving her face which caused the boy to chuckle. She was bursting with happiness, he had promised her to stay, in a world where everyone she loved, left.

They looked pure, adorable. They didn't look twisted, neither hurt, neither dangerous. One could have doubted they were Vikings at all, they simply looked harmless and in love, so in love.

The girl leaned down, her smile appearing in between the kisses she planted over his entire head. She loved all of him, and she knew he would never fully believe it, he had been through too much, but at that moment, he did know how much love she had for him.

Ivar watched Nero pull away from him and peck every centimeter of his face until he was a laughing mess over the bed, taking the girl by surprise as that side of him was not necessarily... apparent.

The boy roared with laughter which caused her to laugh as well. Odin almost felt pity for them, they could have stayed happy as that forever.

 Odin almost felt pity for them, they could have stayed happy as that forever