Chapter 7

We finally arrived at Merel's house and I see Alan looking at us, when I look at him he turns around and walks to the other corner of his room. I'm confused, what is going on here?

- Incoming call Davey -

I decide to pick up.

Hi, dave.

Hi, Mel.. How are you doing sis?

His voice is really soft and breaking.

I'm fine, but what's wrong with you?

It's... I miss you.. and dad and mum don't want to talk about you, and dad left the house yesterday and he wasn't coming back he told us..

I hear he has cried.. I feel tears filling my eyes.

Dave, that's horrible ! How can they do that? I should be sad now, but I'm angry instead...

yeah me too, i think we didn't have a strong relationship with them...

Me neither.. What did mum say?

She's angry at me Mel. She already hit me in the face.. I'm at Alan's now.. I don't know where you guys hang out?

My shoulders are shocking and I feel two arms around me, it's Merel who tries to comfort me. I smile through my tears.

We're here too.. But we can't go back home can we?

No, I don't think so... Wait you're here you said? Could you guys come upstairs to Alan's room?

We're coming, bro.

I love you, sis.

I shiver, he loves me.. I lost my parents kind of, but i have my brother back. I straighten my back and nod at Merel. ' Leggo!' I say.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Merel's POV

I'm exhausted and shocked. I always thought Melanie had this happy life everybody wants. I knew her parents had arguments, but I didn't know her parents hit her.. and that her father would really have the guts to just walk away and leave them behind... They have nobody.. Only us. Then I get an epiphany, that's it! They can stay at ours! Our house is big enough and my parents love them! I smile as I hear Melanie shouting from upstairs ' Hey Mir, are you coming or what?' 'I'm coming! ' and I rush upstairs. 'Hey Merel' Dave whispers. I stare at him, he does really look like Mel, middle blond straight hair and those blueish eyes... He has the same hair as Nialler. I giggle. 'Hi Dave!' Alan walks back and forth through the room ' How are we going to solve this? Ofcourse you guys can stay here, mum alreay agreed, but it's not that easy....' I'm shocked... Not that easy? ' What isn't..' Davey interrupts me ' Our mum has to agree.' ' and I don't think she will do that.' Melanie adds. I walk towards Alan's bed and I sit down next to Melanie. ' Fuck.' I swear. They all start laughing, I hardly ever swear... ' I can call dad and ask him how to solve this at least..' and he starts calling.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alan's POV

It would be cool if Davey and Mel could stay here. I look at Mel from underneath my hair, she's crying... Oh how much I want to hold her tight now, but I can't. If only they knew what's going on with me.. *Beep beep * And I look at Merel, i smile, my sister is so mature and gorgeous, I'm so proud of her.. * Beep Beep*

Hello, John Devine. How can I help you?

Hi dad, it's me Alan...

Oh hi boy! What's wrong?

Ermm.. Davey and Melanie are kind of kicked out of their houses... and

I heard something about that from mum.. We are doing or best to get it arranged, don't be afraid son.

I smile widely, if my dad says such a thing, it always works out!

Okay dad! Thanks!

You're welcome, Bye Al.

Bye dad!

'Guys! Mum and dad are trying everything to get this shit arranged! They're absolutely amazing!' I shout. 'OMG THEY'RE AMAZING, thanks so much Alan!' Melanie shouts and she runs towards me and hugs me. ' Wow, you're welcome Mel.' I say to her as I hug her back. At the same time Merel and Davey rush towards me and start hugging me... We all fall on to the ground, laughing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Davey's POV

I feel tears filling my eyes again, while we all lie on the floor... They're such a cool family, so united and stuff... I wish we had that too... At least I'm probably going to be a part of this family though! I feel someone tickling my back, I turn around and look right into Merel's green eyes. This is the first time I notice we are almost as tall! I lift her up and walk towards the window. ' Do you wanna be thrown out of this window, Mir?' I tease her. 'NOOOOO PUT ME DOOWN, AAHHH.' Merel screams. I laugh and put her down. She smiles at me. I'm convinced, this will be the best family ever.