The Unknown Guest...

POV: Hermione... Harry and Ginny's Wedding. Play the song lovers! 😘

My droplets of the deepest sorrow of my throes were raining upon me again...

Staring at myself in the vanity mirror, mourning my misery as I stood here in my Witch's fashion forward 'Maid of Honor' dress, inside of the women's lavatory of the newly extravagant hotel, located here in Godric's Hollow... where Ginny and Harry were just announced as husband and wife to our Wizarding World...

The wedding was splendidly beautiful and picturesquely sentimental. There wasn't a dry eye in the entire chapel of Godric's Hollow, that Harry's parents had also wed in, so many years ago... It was everything you could imagine it would be, knowing the love of the newlyweds... I'd never seen Harry and his Ginny, so happy in all the years I'd known them. And my soul couldn't be more happy for them...

Nevertheless, my heart bled, knowing what a love like theirs felt like. And this Love that I had in my heart wasn't for Ginny's brother... My love ached for Draco every single moment of my beating heart.

I hadn't been able to stop myself from crying, since that last night I had with Draco on my birthday. I covertly hid my agony of losing him during the day, somehow finding the strength to get out of my bed the next... and sobbing myself to sleep every night for the past month...

"Hermione? Are you in here? Ah, there you are!" Luna inevitably found me in my state of grief.

"What's the matter? Did the Nargles steal your shoes from your table, like they did mine?!" Luna guessed at my tears and I looked down at her feet that was bare. I laughed and explained, "oh, no... no, I'm not crying because of my shoes. I'm crying because I lost something, someone else..."

"Well, don't you worry. Whatever you lose, always finds a way of coming back to you," Luna softly spoke her divine wisdom, handing me her sky-blue handkerchief.

I blotted my eyes, giving her back her kind offerings, and pulled myself together, with a deep sigh...

Luna coated her arm around my shoulders and cast more of her words of charm, "let's dance the night away, and if that doesn't work, there's still plenty of champagne!" I smiled shaking my head yes and made our way back into the reception.

The music was overflowing the dark ball room, that was marvelously lit with fluorescent lights dancing about to the rhythms of the love songs, that every witch and wizard was enjoying. I witnessed the loving couples swaying romantically, which included many familiar faces from Hogwarts, our Professor McGonagall to whom was The Headmistress of our academic achievements in Witchcraft and Wizardry. She was engaged with a wizard of her stature, I hadn't ever met before nor heard of, and I could see the love in their eyes that they had of one another... Even dear ole Hagrid and Madame Maxine were now married and showing their love to us all.

Love surrounded me constantly, dammit...

"You wanna dance, 'Mione?" Ronald asked sneakily coming up from behind me, taking ahold of my waist.

"I guess," I groaned as he escorted us to the dance floor. He circled me into his arms and held me closely to his body, swaying us gently together. I felt my tears reemerging and I closed my eyes, trying to dream of what I truly wished for...

For Draco to be here, holding me in his arms.

The more I let myself feel the music, the more I believed Draco was the one I was dancing with. Ronald became Draco in an instant, in my memories and the pain subsided for the next three minutes.

"I love you, Hermione..."

I could hear Draco's ardently sexy voice, repeating in my thoughts reserved only for him. Feeling him touching me and tasting him inside of me...