My last class of the day is art, one I really enjoy just because I love art. I skip merrily to the back table, where I've always sat, and sit in my seat, my back facing a table behind me. Ms. Johnson gives us all a wide smile, her reddish hair glinting and she claps her hands together.

"We're doing something easy for today. I want you each to grab the paper laid out on that table," She points at the table to the left, "And then sit so I can explain what we're doing!" She says. Jason, my friend who sits across from me, stands up and I tell him to wait. "Can you grab me one?" I ask and he nods, giving me a smile. Anahi, my other friend who sits diagonal from me on the right, asks him the same and he nods, grabbing the papers before handing Anahi and I our papers.

When everyone is sat, Ms. Johnson nods, "We're just going to be doing the process of shade. You'll be doing a paint medium instead of pencil like we usually do. You must do seven shapes, don't care what but make it school appropriate. It'll be from white to black. Due on Friday!" She says as she walks to her desk.

There were already paints set in the middle of the table, white and black ones. There were several of each, enough for all of us to use at once.

I began drawing crescent moons, seven of them, and then grabbed the white paint, filling the first moon slow and careful so as not to mess up. I'd finished my second moon and then my third by the time class was over, putting my name on it before placing it on the rack and heading out of the class with my bag.

I headed through the crowded hallways, occasionally hearing people mutter to me that I was a slut but I ignored them as best I could. It was a little harder to ignore the smacks and grabbing of my ass, but I managed. I made it to the loading area for buses, waiting patiently for mine to arrive so I could go home.

I stood there for twenty minutes, barely any students left aside from me, before I realized my bus was probably not coming. I sighed and started my trek home, which I knew would be probably an hour walk. Sometimes I hated living so far from school, especially on the days I had to walk home.

I looked down at my hands, which had a few scratches on them from the new dog my mom had gotten, who we kept in her room in a cage. The dog, Cookie, wasn't trained yet and she chewed on everything, so it made sense we kept her in moms room. Because I got home first everyday, I let her out and would take her outside to pee or poop, which usually she didn't do either of those.

Instead, she just ate grass.

She was teething since she was still a baby, so she tried to chew on everything she could find. She even liked to chew on Jack's tail, when he'd let her.

I wasn't even fifteen minutes into my walk home when a red convertible pulled up next to me and I was paranoid instantly as the car rolled to a stop. When I looked up, I froze. It was Mason. "Can I help you?" I asked, frowning. Mason had a dirty smirk on his face, "Come here." He beckoned me with his finger.

I paused, staring at him as I stupidly obeyed and walked forward to his car. I stopped outside of the cardoor and Mason reached up, grabbing my top and yanking me down to his level. "How much to have you on your knees for me?" He hummed, raising a brow at me. My jaw dropped and he smiled, "You've already got your mouth open, good. You're one step ahead." He chuckled.

I shoved him back and flipped him the middle finger, "You're a fucking dick!" I hissed, stomping off down the sidewalk.

Mason followed me slowly down the sidewalk, yelling things at me from his car. "Oh, come on! You're no stranger to this, Leila. Stop with the innocent act and just give me what I want!" He called. I clenched my jaw, wondering what I'd done to deserve this. I was a good person, right? I tried to be, at least. I liked to think I was one but maybe I'm not. Maybe that's why this is happening.