18 |:| Victorious Failure

Start from the beginning

Teiko's plan was elaborate; to change their pace numerous times to throw their opponents off balance and effect their reaction time. Yet it seemed strange how they could change simultaneously without communicating. Sometimes, they would keep a constant pace for several minutes before switching again.

"How can they even switch pace like that?!" Nebuya said in exhaustion.

"I can't detect some kind of signal they're giving each other!" Mabuchi added.

Akashi's reflexes were messed up as well, due to the confusing pacing of the second generation. Since his focus was on predicting when they'll change pace, it distracted his other mental processes which allowed Teiko to take the lead.

Glaring at Rindou from his position, his vision began to blur and his head felt heavy. He couldn't comprehend the fact that her team was winning, confused of how she made it so far just to ruin something important to him.

"I will not..." he repeated in his head. He refused to accept the situation and wanted to completely block off his concerns. He didn't know the second generation personally, so they're just like any other opponent to him. The fact that Rindou happens to be the coach shouldn't matter.

He took a deep breath before facing his teammates with a serious gaze. "No, we don't need to look for their signals," he stated.

"What? Why?"

"It'll take up too much time. We just need to adapt to their pace as soon as possible once it happens. And then, we'll turn the tables."

"That plan seems possible. Let's do that!"

The GoM continued to watched the game within the audience,

"Rakuzan seems to be confident now. I think they came up with a plan," Momoi suggested.

"They better have. I wouldn't forgive Akashi if he let her win," Aomine replied.

"Would you even blame him? I mean, the match has been very confusing," Murasakibara said.

"Especially with the Rindou and Teiko's appearance, it must be hard to take in," Midorima added as Aomine let out a sigh.

"Yeah... I guess wouldn't blame him, but I'd be particularly infuriated with someone else."

"And you have every right to be."

Momoi continued to observe the match in concern. "It really feels like Rindou is apart of the game somehow."

"Well who else would come up with a plan like that? I hate to give her praise, but she really thought outside the box," Midorima replied.

"No wonder it didn't feel like basketball for a moment. I couldn't really describe how I felt during this," Kise sighed.