Our Own Little Family | Tommy

Warnings: Fluff!!

Word Count: 634

--------

You walked over to your vanity, gazing into the mirror at your porcelain skin. You brought your fingers up to your neck, slightly touching where Tommy's lips had been the night before, a small smile tugging at the corner of your mouth.
You began getting dressed, pulling your nightgown from over your head and replacing it with a long satin dress. As you looked at yourself in the mirror again, you paused for a moment, placing your hands on your stomach, making slight circles with your palms.
You had wanted children for a while now; cooing over Karl everytime you went to visit Ada and feeling a slight tug at your heart when you saw an expecting mother walk down the street.
But you didn't exaclty know how to tell Tommy.
Thomas Shelby wasn't exactly a family man and you didn't know how he'd react to waking up every 10 minutes to burp a newborn.
You shook the idea from your head - something you'd gotten used to over the past few months - and pinned your hair back into a small bun.
Last night had reminded you of how much you loved being intimate with Tommy. On the streets he was a hardened ganster - his fists coming into play whenever he was told no, but with you he was different; softer.
Maybe he would make a good father after all.
The door to your room clicked open, followed by a deep 'Goodmorning' from your husband.
"Did you sleep well?" Tommy asked, kissing your forehead before pulling out a cigarette.
"Yeah, yeah great" You said, your words disconnected from your voice.
"What's the matter, darling?" Tommy said, gently grabbing your elbow, a concerned look etched onto his face.
"Nothing, nothing... It's just..." This time, Tommy grabbed your other elbow and bent his knees slightly, his eyes on level with yours. "You might want to sit down for this" You uttered, knowing he would have heard you even though the words barely left your lips.
He obeyed you and sat on the rocking chair your mother had bought you for the house.
"Last night. Last night made me think..." You said reluctant at your choice of words.
"Did you not like it? Did i do something wrong? Was it-" Tommy began, panic laced through his voice.
"No no no Tommy, darling" You hurried over to him, sitting on his lap, running your hand through his hair. "It was perfect"
You removed the unlit cigarette from his mouth, holding it between your fingers and brought your lips to his, teasing the thought of a kiss.
"But i was wondering" A gulp bubbled in your throat and you replaced your lips with the cigarette.
"How about we... Start a family of our own"
Tommy's eyes were focused on yours. He was still. His head slowly began to move; almost a nod, but you couldn't be sure.
"Just hear me out. Imagine a little baby, our own baby. Imagine teaching it how to walk and talk and i know its a big step but we've been married for two years now, two years! And i just...Tommy..." Your excitement began to show, your face lighting up, eyes wide and bright.
Tommy stayed still, his eyes still trained on yours.
This could go either way.
A soft spoken smile danced on his lips and you tilted your head slightly to the side.
"Yes" He spoke simply
"Yes? Yes!?" You exclaimed, your breathing increasing to an unsteady rate.
You jumped up, grabbing Tommy's hands, pulling him up with you.
"We're gonna have a baby" His voice broke and tears filled his eyes - a sight you rarely saw when it came to Tommy. He brought his hands up to your face and placed another kiss on your forehead.