Bells of Marriage

Bells of Marriage:

You breathe in, out.

This is it.

You breathe in, out.

This is it.

You breathe in, out.

This is it. It's really happening.

You breathe in, out.

"Stop breathing so much. You're making me nervous just looking at you," Mrs. Hudson scolds. You laugh lightly and nod.

"Oh please, let her be nervous. It's her wedding day. The bride gets to be whatever she wants," Mary retorts. You smile gratefully at her. Mary has been your anchor throughout this whole process, along with (Your Best Friend).

"I just want to be Mrs. Sherlock Holmes," you say wistfully. Mary gives you a knowing look. She understood the want to be connected with somebody in a way that you haven't been with anyone else. You can have all the lovers in the world, but the one that you want to call, husband, is the one.

Sherlock didn't believe in nonsense like "the one," so you don't bring it up. But you can feel it, and since Sherlock proposed to you, you know he feels it too.

You stand in front of the full length mirror in John and Mary's flat. Sherlock was at yours getting ready too. He thought that it was ridiculous to hold old traditions, but you had insisted. Not so much for the bad luck, but to retain the magic of seeing you in your dress for the first time.

You smile as you watch your hands run through the soft fabric. The dress hung on your body perfectly. The off-the-shoulder lace sleeves felt a bit itchy, but it looked elegant and were tight against your arms. It was gorgeous so, it was worth it.

You look up to see Mary, Y/BFF, Mrs. Hudson, and your mum teary-eyed. Your heart feels warm, and you start to feel your own eyes water.

"No. I swear. If you do anything to ruin your makeup, I will kill you," Y/BFF says. You all laugh.

"I promise I'll try to keep my womanly tendencies to myself," you say jokingly, blinking to make sure the tears don't fall.

"You do look gorgeous," your mum says. You smile, but you're anxious. Mum didn't exactly think that you and Sherlock were the best fit. She thought that her friend's son, "who's just around your age," would be a better fit. But you assured your mother that you love Sherlock, and he loves you.

"Are you ready?" she asks you. You nod.

You've been ready to be married since you fell for him. You were both in a steady job, although his was more unconventional than yours. You were both in love, a perk that came with more perks. You were both ready.

"So, have you thought about kids?" Mary asks. You blush furiously. The truth was, you have. You've been dreaming of the typical I Love Lucy moment: Sherlock coming home to you cooking dinner; your baby in the high-chair playing with his/her food; he kisses you on the cheek lovingly, whispering sweet nothings.

"Yes. More than you know," you say. But the level reality of that dream is still questionable, Sherlock didn't seem to want one. Sure he was surprisingly amazing with kids, but did that mean he wanted one of his own?

Y/BFF gets up and announces, "Alright, it's time to leave."

You all pick up your dress skirts and head for the door. The clicks and shouting of the press could be heard when you approached the lobby. Since Sherlock was big news again, your wedding didn't go unnoticed.

"Are you ready?"

It was Mary who had asked you this time. You both laugh and you nod in response. Dawning your veil, you're suddenly glad for the shield from your face. The press was intimidating enough already.

Let's do this thing.

••••~~~••••~~~••••~~~••••

The press wasn't as big of an issue as you had originally thought. Lestrade had left a police escort. He said that it was half of his wedding gift.

Getting to the church was easy. Convincing Sherlock to have your wedding at a church wasn't. He said that having it at a church would be letting Him win, which was a confusing statement within itself.

The love of the feeling of a church is what kept you defending a church wedding. And in the end, it paid off. He flinched first.

The car pulls in and the four of you head into the church. The press were waiting at the entrance to the church, but more police officers were there to hold them back.

You went to where the service was being held. The large, dark maple doors were the only things in between you, and the man you love.

John approached Mary, kissed her, and looked at you. "You're gorgeous," he said. "Sherlock's going to flip."

"Thanks. Is your daughter ready?" you ask. Their little girl was the flower girl, and she was as cute as a button.

"As ready as anyone can be, right now," he said. You smile. John always knew what to say to make you feel better. He knew how nervous you are and made sure you knew that everyone else is nervous too.

Your father comes up, and you snake your arm into his own. He gives you a reassuring smile.

After preparing the order of people, John and Y/BFF, Mary and Lestrade, etc. you could hear the string quartet playing.

The slow, yet cheerful notes pierced the air in a familiar fashion, and you knew that Sherlock was playing too. You smile and prepare for the wedding march.

Then, it started to play.

You know: you hear a wedding march in a film, and you feel all warm inside as the bride starts to make her way down the aisle. And you think to yourself, That's me. That's gonna be me, happy and so in love.

Well, it's nearly there.

You're also feeling terrified, nauseated, parched, and sweaty, on top of the whole "happy and so in love" thing.

Right foot, left foot, right foot...

You need to keep telling yourself to walk forward. Otherwise, you would've just stopped completely.

The look that Sherlock was giving you was relentlessly soul-penetrating. His eyes held a sparkle that you had never seen in a man before. He was smiling brightly, and was practically ushering you down the aisle with his eyes alone. You forget that you dad is there.

All there is, is you and him.

Sherlock and Y/N.

Y/N and Sherlock.

That's all there needed to be.

You finally get to the pulpit and Sherlock grabs your hands. The priest starts the way all weddings start: "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join Y/N and Sherlock in Holy Matrimony..."

Except his voice just filtered out of your mind. Yes, love is great; love is good. You just wanted to be married already. Sherlock could feel your anxiousness through your hands, and he smirked knowingly.

"I believe the bride and groom have written their own vows," the priest said, finally.

This was it.

This is the moment that you've been longing for.

••••~~~••••~~~••••~~~••••

AN: HAHA. You have to wait until later to get an update. Sorry, not sorry.

This was requested by lokisarmy12! I know it's half completed. I'll work on it later. And as soon as I get the chance, I'll dedicate this to you (since I'm on my mobile right now).

I still have exams.

VOTE!

COMMENT REQUESTS!

THANKS!