Chapter 8 - A Brush With Death

Back with Poppy and Branch, Branch was trying to comfort Poppy once more. But she just got even more sad. she got up and started walking towards a cliff. "And what do you think you're doing?" Branch asked. "Something i should've done a long time ago" Poppy replied while looking down the cliff. She was going to jump. "POPPY, DON'T YOU DARE!" Branch yelled. She looked at him with a sad face. With tears running down her cheeks, said "Bye Branch..." Before she jumped. "POPPY! NOOO!" Branch yelled before jumping after her. She fell all the way down into the water below. Branch fell into the water as well shortly after and was looking frantically for her. After searching, he finally found her. He dragged her lifeless body out of the water. "Please don't be too late" Branch said in fear. He was pushing her chest. Before she started coughing and water spat out her mouth. She began crying again. "Why? Why branch? Just let me die! No one loves me anymore!" She cried. "Poppy.... I love you." Branch replied before giving her a great big hug. Poppy's crying died down a little and she hugged him back. This comforted her a bit more. "Now come on. Please, lets go back home." Branch said in a hopeful voice. "No, everybody hates me. I don't wanna be around them" Poppy replied. "OK fine, if i convince them that you are not the murderer, will you come back? As your pink self also, not this gray awfulness you've become. Please?" Branch asked convincingly. Poppy sighed and replied "Ok, fine.". Branch was pleased that he could finally get her to come back. "I'll be back in 2 hours. Don't you move." He said before hugging her one more time. Branch set off back to Bergen Town. He knew that if he could convince everyone that she wasnt the muderer, she'd be able to come back.