The Subjectivity of Happiness

The following day, Jacquie was determined to not let Noah, Lola and especially Richelle get the better of her. She'd thrived in the last 2 weeks without Richelle being at the studio and she was determined to get back at the top. It was ridiculous that Richelle could walk straight back in without any questions asked and still be considered the best.

She was chilling with Zara and Josh before rehearsals, in the locker room. As the three of them got ready, Jacquie looked over and saw Zara hand Josh some notes from her math book. "What's that?" She asked, unable to keep herself out of other people's business.

Josh looked at her, "Oh, Zara's helping me with math."

Jacquie laughed, knowing Josh wasn't all that smart, "It looks like she's giving you the answers."

Josh looked at Zara then frowned at Jacquie, "No... She's helping me... Not everything has to be sneaky and conniving you know." Josh thanked Zara and Jacquie glared at him as he looked through the notes.  He looked up and saw her face, "What?"

Zara knew Jacquie would have to have the last word. She would not appreciate being spoken to like that. Jacquie raised her voice slightly, "Are you saying I'm sneaky?"

Zara chuckled lightly, trying to diffuse the tension, "I don't think anyone meant anything

Zara chuckled lightly, trying to diffuse the tension, "I don't think anyone meant anything... Come on you were going to teach me a walkover."

Josh ignored Zara trying to back him up, "Yes I am calling you that. It's getting boring, you always trying to mess things up. Can't you just take a day off?"

Jacquie slammed her locker and went to leave, "Come on Zara." She grumbled as she walked towards the door, "Once you can do the things Richelle can there won't be any reason to have her here."

"See you're doing it again!" Josh protested loudly and made Jacquie turn around. He walked around the benches towards the door, with Zara following him. 

Jacquie looked him up and down, "You said yesterday you'd happily take Noah's place if he got kicked off."

"Yeah if I deserved it! I don't want to try and get better just to replace him, that's not my goal in life. I wanna get better for myself. It's like it makes you happy to mess things up for people."