chapter 9

Alex’s Pov

   There is Austin Fox, pop star and teen heartthrob, but who would ever know that he had fiery red fairy wings and a black sword in his hand?  I gape at him and he smirks back.  “Looks like you’ve got yourself in quite the pickle.”  He jokes.  He then takes off into the sky and dives back towards the ground.  At the last second he pulls out of the dive and zooms around the clearing parallel to the ground slicing down enemies as he goes.  

   All of the EO are dead on the ground and Austin settles down on the ground.  I just stare at him in shock, horror, anger, confusion and awe.  

   “What are you?”  I ask still stunned.  Austin’s blond hair is no longer blonde,but a dark black and is wild from the flight and he is no longer wearing his normal clothes.  Instead he wears all black clothes .  The wings on his back aren’t like the fairy princesses.  They don’t have dots or sparkles.  They have prints of fire that move like live flames.  They look so real that I a m convinced that if I got to close I would get burned.  Even his ears have become pointed.  He has totally changed from the guy I’ve known.  “You’re a fairy.”  I gasp.  

   “I’m not a pixy Alex.  Their annoying and sparkly.  I am  of the Fey.  Faeries.  Not Fairies.”  He rolls his eyes and sheaths his black sword.  His fiery wings disappear, but his jet black hair remains.  His features are more sharp than before and his dark green eyes look close to black now.  “It is a honor to make you acquaintance your majesty.”  

  I’m stunned.  How does he know that I’m queen.  How can austin be a faerie?  My mind is going crazy.  “H-how?”  I ask.  

   “I’ll explain when we get you guys home.  No doubt that more are coming.”  He says nodding toward the dead bodies littering the ground.  I don’t have to be told twice.  We both grab one of Celena’s arms and pull her out of the forest and into Austin’s car.  I look over to see Celena’s car smashed and broken.  She had plenty more.  Austin speeds us down the highway and we don’t say anything.  No questions are asked.  Just silence.  We finally pull into the pack houses driveways and drag Celena to the door.  I raise my hand to knock, but the door is flung open and Celena’s mate Ren grabs her and lifts her into his arms effortlessly.  He carries her into the house and sets her down on the couch.  Caleb comes in and sits by his sisters side.  

   “She needs rest.”  Caleb says and ushers us all into the dining room.  “Tell me what happened.”  He says to me.

   “We were driving back from the concert and we swerved off the road.  The Evil ones found us then Austin came to the rescue.”  I ramble shaking.  Zander runs in and looks for me.  He locks eyes with me and hugs me close.  I bury my face into his chest and start to cry.  I couldn’t help, but feel that it was my fault that Celena had to use her powers.  She had explained to me that she had strong warlock blood, but using it was a last resort only because it put too much stress on her physically and mentally.  She was more strong with Caleb by her side too.  If I had been able to keep off all the enemies then she wouldn’t have had to use them.  It was all my fault.  Zander tries to calm me down and finally my tears stop and I sit on a coach.  Celena then comes walking through the door.  Everyone sighs in relief and Ren pulls her to him.  Caleb has his arm around his mate Meg.  Still tension fills the room.  

   We end up calling a meeting and one by one everyone files into the house.

Austin’s Pov

   I had never imagined that I would get to see the day when all different kinds of supernatural creatures joined forces to get rid of a common enemy.  Werewolves and vampires pile into the rooms of the pack house and finally we have to move everyone outside.  People settle on the ground everywhere and Alex and Celena along with their friends stand on stage to address everyone.  “You all know that we all face the monsters with black eyes who kill and slay our kind.”  Alex starts her voice full of authority.  It was amazing that this small girl could be the leader of all vampires.  At age 18 she had to ascend the throne.  Celena seemed to be leading all the werewolves here too.  Everyone here was forced to grow up and take responsibility.  I could understand that too.  “What you don’t know is how this all started.  My father was once King of the vampires, but he wasn’t meant to take the throne first.  He had an older brother who was half angles half vampire.  Angles are evil.  Being the older brother Cantor was meant to take the throne.”  That name sends shivers down my back.  It sounds evil.  “Cantor wasn’t kind.  He tortured and killed everything.  Finally my father banished him with the help of all supernaturals.  They banded together to make sure that he would never come back.  For a few years everything was peaceful , but then people started to disappear.  Cantor found a way to make supernaturals do his biddings. They are what we would call Evil ones or Dark ones.  We do not know why he would be targeting us all, but everyone is being attacked.  Vampires, werewolves, faeries.”  Alex looks straight at me.  She motions for me to join her on the stage.  I slowly walk through the crowd who mummer and whisper.  I step up onto the deck.  I let my wings unshield and the surrounding is doused in red light.  People gawk and some start to get unsettled.  “We must all work together to defeat Cantor again.”  Alex offers me her hand and I take it in my own.  She offers her other to Celena who grabs it.  All those on stage link together to show that they are all together in this.  We will fight together.