Chapter 15

"What's your name?" Remus asks Adeline, who once more is under the influence of veritaserum. 

"Adeline Day." Adeline says, rolling her eyes. I sit next to George on the kitchen table, my legs dangling over the side. 

"How did you escape."

"Easily." Adelines smirks, avoiding the quesiton. 

Remus holds up his wand to her throat. "Answer the question. Who was your accomplice?"

"Severus Snape assisted me in escaping from Grimmauld, which has been fairly useful to the Dark Lord. Thank you." 

I feel my lips curl into a snarl. "They have no right! That's my Father's house!"

"Was." Adeline responds, laughing.

"What were you doing at Borgin and Burkes." 

"The Dark Lord wants the Elder Wand. He thinks he can defeat Harry Potter that way." 

"Please. Harry could beat him blindfolded." George chuckles.

Adeline scoffs. "Please. If he could wouldn't the Dark Lord be dead?"

George falls silent, unable to retaliate. 

"How did you become like this Adeline. You were so nice the first time we met." I sigh, inching closer to Adeline. Her hands were tied behind the chair and she was only able to move from the neck up. 

Adeline looks away and her mouth twitches as if she is struggling to hold in the words. "He's holding something against you, isn't he?" George blurts out.

"I-" She holds her mouth firmly shut.

Remus crouches in front of her and stares into her eyes. "He can't hurt you here."

Adeline's head falls forwards and a sob escapes her lips, something I did not expect after her attitude and Bellatrix-like persona. 

"Tell us." George says, slipping forwards on the table.

"He's only seven years old and he is the closest thing to family that I have."

"Who?" I ask. Adeline looks up, tears glistening her eyes.

"He will kill him if I don't obey his orders."

"If you tell us we can save this boy!" George answers loudly.

"His name is Tauren and he used to live in the village over the hill from the Burrow. I found him on Christmas Eve when he was four, his body was as cold as ice. I looked after him until one day he was taken by Bellatrix. Since then I have had to work for Vol-The Dark Lord to keep him alive."

"You were working for You-Know-Who when I met you?" 

Adeline nods. "Somehow he knew you would come." 

"Fred mentioned that you had a brother being held captive by Voldemort." George sighs and rubs his temples.

Adeline straightens her back and her eyes harden. "I can't discuss this with you. I must follow the Dark Lord, I have no choice."

"You have every choice in the world Adeline," Remus says softly. "We can save him."

"It's too dangerous. He is my responsibility."

"We've infiltrated his army before, why not a second time?" I answer.

Adeline bites her lip and shakes her head.

"How about this. We will let you go, but think about what we said, we will help you and offer protection for you and your brother if you want us to." Remus suggests.