Here I was now. One would think I'd be strong than ever. But as I opened the drawers to rummage my collection of makeup. My eyes and fingers trace an orange bottle.

Effexor XR; 75mg

I hadn't touched the bottle in months and vowed not to. It wasn't the best medication to take. At least not for me. I still kept it just in case. And right now, was a fucking case. I popped out two tablets, dipped my head back and swallowed them dry.

I caught my reflection as I looked back down. The vanity light streamed down my bare shoulders as I wore a skimpy red cropped halter top. My eyes were heavy on my face. My nose was puffy and my skin tone was paler than normal. So I picked brush after brush, palette after palette to paint my face into beauty for the night.

I messaged Rose to join and once I didn't look like death, I locked the front door and walked the fifteen minutes to Rose's. It was only 6 in the evening but that meant happy hour at the pub. And I definitely needed a drink. or twenty. Walking up to her house, I see a joyous Luke at her front doorstep hugging a goodbye to a pantless Rose.

He walked down her drive and caught my eye. "Jaida, you look hot tonight," he wolf whistled at me once I reached her house fence.

What happened to shy Luke? Rose probably fucked it away.

I dramatically bowed. "Thank you, I aim to please," I waved at him.

Standing at the front steps was Rose donned in just a flimsy oversized shirt, that no doubt belonged to Luke. She was grinning ear-to-ear beckoning me over.

Leaning against the brick walls of her house, I shot her a look of surprise. "Want to explain the massive smile on your face and why Luke was humming all the way to his car?" I interrogated her with a smirk lining my lips.

Her eyes were wild and her hair was dishevelled. She seemed like she could barely contain her excitement. I was ready to ask her for the dirty details when her mouth opened and she uttered out the unexpected. "I just got fucked in the ass Jaida!" She exclaimed.

My jaw dropped. That was the last thing I expected her to say. I was so surprised that I could barely form words. "H-h-he what?" I rasped.

"Don't just stand there. Come inside. I need to get ready," she pulled my hand and dragged me up the stairs. "I've been really busy this week with the wedding and the café so when Luke said he'd come over today, I was ready for some solid fucking. So one thing led to another and we ended up making out on my bed," she started describing her eventful evening.

"Right,"

"Jaida. Remember when we watched Fifty Shades of Black? Well-"

"Nooo, no way. Don't bullshit me," I cut her short with my eyes basically bulging out of my head.

"- Don't fucking interrupt. I was trying to say his dick may as well have felt that big. So I was choking and gagging on it and milking it with my pussy. Then the idea popped into my head. Even my horoscope had asked me to be adventurous today," she continued.

"I don't think this was the adventure it was talking about, but continue,"

"If you saw his fucking dick, you'd want that shit balls deep inside your glory hole too, hon. So I told him I want to try it and he was more than eager to please," she said grinning like a Cheshire cat.

I shook my head vigorously, disgusted. Not at anal sex but at the idea of having sex with Luke. He wasn't my type, at all.

My eyes shifted to her ass when she turned her back to me and peel on her black clear stockings. "Did it hurt?" My nose scrunched in pain just imagining it. She turned around, tugging the stockings up her hips. She shook her head no. "At first, yes. We finished my strawberry lube. My ass was coated in that shit. It was fucking amazing though. He was really gentle about it too," she said. She grabbed her black heels off the floor. "I definitely recommend it," she added.

I turned to exit her room when a thought occurred to me. "You were safe, right? I know you're on the pill but you did put on a condom right?" I asked peering over my shoulder to look at her.

"Yes, mother. A new condom for each hole," she replied, rolling her eyes. She stood up in her four-inch heels and winked at me. "You should ask Xavier to fuck your ass. Rough. Just the way you like it," she smiled smugly. "Now, let's fucking go cunt."

I can't afford to fuck Xavier. Not anymore. He doesn't seem like a one-night stand person.

I was a one-night stand girl. Tonight I would prove that.

Walking into the bar, I surveyed my surroundings. The dim lights and soft jazz music magnified the cool atmosphere. The place was littered with couples, groups of women and men as well as the lone strangers. The lone strangers were the ones I liked to pick. They were a lot less of a hassle compared to toying with people in groups, making it the easiest way to pick up dick.

Now, I wasn't the kind of girl that sits at the bar sipping on martinis waiting for someone to make a move. If I don't get cornered while buying myself a drink then, I like to advance on to my targets with my drink in hand. I had my usual tactics.

I followed Rose and sat down on a bar stool. As she ordered our drinks, my eyes wandered through the faces in the bar. Sitting in his lonesome was a man with broad shoulders and rigid posture. Sipping on a Corona, his blonde mop of hair fell over his blue eyes. His face had strong and masculine features; bushy eyebrows, a crooked nose that most likely got broken at one stage of his life and a sharp jawline. His facial expression built a sombre aura to him. I observed how his foot tapped on the floor, how his eyes watched the sparkles in his beer, how his hands traced the icy surface of his glass bottle. I was sensing a mysterious vibe from him.

His eyes shifted to mine. His dark blue gaze settled on me. I didn't turn away. A slow and deliberate smirk grazed my face when his eyes swept down my body.

I didn't take my eye off of him as I excused myself from Rose, "I'll be right back."

a/n: I went from crying at the start to pursuing my lips from calling Rose nasty.