from across the bar

Start from the beginning

"I don't know when your birthday is!"

"January seventh," she told him, her previous anger fading away. "I guess we both suck at this."

They both laughed, Percy deciding it was safe to be near her again. She smacked his arm.

"Seventeen is really fucking important, Perce," she explained when he gave her a confused look.

"Oh, precious sailor," one of the twins called.

"We think you broke our mother!" The other finished.

Molly was yet again in a state of shock. Her eyebrows were raised and her face was beginning to look pink.

"Mum doesn't like that kind of language," Percy explained.

"Unless she mad at one of us!" The twins chorused together.

"Fred, George, you be quiet," Mrs. Weasley snapped.

"Sorry, Mrs. Weasley," Lee felt ashamed for some reason. "Sometimes I forget not everyone is okay with how I talk. I'll try to be mindful of that."

Lee really wanted to impress Percy's mum. She didn't really know why. Maybe it was because she cared about Percy.

Mrs. Weasley pursed her lips, but seemed to accept her apology.

"And though I really appreciate the invitation, I don't think it's be a good idea for me to barge in on the celebrations," Lee put her hand on Percy's shoulder. "When you're all done with your family, come to my room and we can celebrate my way."

The twins snickered. Lee looked at them confused before realizing her mistake.

"Oh God," Lee put her hand over her mouth. She muffled her giggles before continuing, "I swear I didn't mean it like that. Oh look, your blushing!"

She laughed again at Percy's pink cheeks. He rolled his eyes, looking very uncomfortable. Lee shared that feeling.

"Well, I guess I'll leave you guys to it," Lee clapped her hands together. "I hope you can forgive me for a horrible introduction."

Then she ran up to her room, hoping to hide there forever.

_______

Percy was just about to go to see Lee when his father caught him.

"Percy, do you think we could talk?" his father asked.

Percy nodded his head and sat back down, across from Arthur.

"What's the problem, Dad?"

"It's not a problem really," Arthur looked uncomfortable. "I was just thinking that since you are of age, we might need to talk."

Percy didn't know where this conversation was going, but he had a feeling that it wasn't a good place.

"Your mother and I want to be sure that you know to be safe," Arthur pushed through the awkwardness of the situation. "Being your age can get exciting and a pretty girl can be tempting. We don't want any unplanned events, if you know what I'm saying."

Percy shook his head.

"Dad, what are you talking about?"

"I want you to be careful. Don't rush into things until you are ready. And always use protection."

"I still don't understand, Dad," Percy was beyond confused.

Arthur gave up trying to be subtle.

"Sex, Percy, I'm referencing sex."

Percy was hit by realization, quickly followed by embarrassment. This was not a conversation Percy ever wanted to have.

"Look Dad, I'm not an idiot, I don't think this is really nessecary."

Percy wanted to disappear more than he ever had in his life.

"I just want to make sure you know," Arthur also wanted this to end as quickly as possible. "There are contraceptive charms, and potions, and of course muggle ways as well, if she is more comfortable with that."

Percy slouched into his chair. It felt like the room was on fire and he was stuck in the middle.

"And of course consent is important," Arthur added. "Her feelings matter too."

"Okay, Dad, I think I got it, let's never talk about this again, please."

"Sounds alright with me."

Percy stood up from his seat and raced to Lee's room as fast as he could.

A/N: happy pride!! hope you all have a wonderful month!!

also, thank you for reading! it means a lot!