"I saw a leper. He was like a walking infection." Eddie told them, but turned to Cassiopeia, "what'd you see?"

Cassiopeia didn't know how to say what she saw. She saw her father. Cassiopeia couldn't explain why there's not a lot she's afraid of. She's afraid of, not being good enough and being alone, but her father was not one of them. She doesn't know anything about the man, other than he left them, she doesn't know why.

At that moment, as the girl thought, she realized why. Cassiopeia is terrified of the truth. Cassiopeia knew deep down her mother is not a good person. But her mother was all she had, so she believed her mom. Which is the only explanation Cassiopeia keeps this perfect 'girl next door' image. By being a sweetheart, and wears dresses or skirts every day, along with perfect hair. She is scared of the truth about whether or not people will like her true self. Little does she know this is entirely wrong, and that is not her fear.

Cassiopeia's heart was beating out of her chest and looked at the group, and she lied. "IT was drowning me." She now looked at the ground.

Stan once again became quick to talk. "But you didn't. Because it isn't real. None of this is. Not Eddie's leper, not Cassiopeia drowning, or Bill seeing Georgie or the woman I keep seeing."

"Is she hot?" Richie questioned.

Stan looked at Richie annoyed. "No Richie! She's not hot! Her face is all messed up." He paused and looked at his feet. "None of this makes sense! They're all like bad dreams."

"I don't think so!" Mike defended. "I know the difference between a bad dream and real life, okay?"

"What'd you see?" Eddie asked Mike. "Did you see something too?"

"You guys remember that burnt down house on Harris Avenue? I was inside the house when it burnt down. Before I was rescued my mom and dad were trapped in the next room over, from me. They were pushing and pounding on the door, trying to get to me. But it was too hot. When the firemen finally found them, the skin on their hands was melted down to the bone. We're all afraid of something."

"Got that right," Richie added, looking behind him.

"Why Richie? What are you afraid of?" Eddie asked. He must have not known what Richie feared like Stan, Bill, and Cassiopeia do.

Richie swiftly turned around. He looked at the ground for a moment before lifting his glasses. "Clowns."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

   The following day Cassiopeia dreaded. Her fourteenth birthday. The girl hates her birthday in general. Every year it's the same, her mom attempts to throw a birthday party consisting of only herself and Cheryl. Which always led to Cassiopeia 'doing something wrong' and getting yelled at. Leaving Cassiopeia all alone to cry.

   But the Wylie girl got up anyway and dressed up all nice for her birthday. A flower crown rested upon her head, along with a fluffy pastel pink dress, paired with matching flats. Cassiopeia couldn't lie; she very much is enjoying the girly outfit.

   "Happy birthday Cassiopeia!" Cheryl hugged her daughter for a split second. Handing her daughter her first gift. The present was wrapped in a huge polka dot bag. Cassiopeia took the bag with no expression. Don't get her wrong, she's so grateful for all she gets. But it's always the same thing. Plenty of books (that she always reads), with at least three diet and healthy food books. Then, paint, with a half-assed card.