Journal of White Lies

Start from the beginning

"Let's go." said the boy, pushing himself off the carriage. He then went inside the vehicle followed by Allen who sat beside him.

Someone yawned and the brunette looked up to see two boys still in their light blue pyjamas, sitting across from him.

"Oh." said Allen. "Hello Mana. Hello Neah. I'm not expecting you to be here. Thought we'll meet on Saturday."

The two in pyjamas however did not reply as they already fell back to sleep and Allen could only smile a lopsided smile; his lips twitching.

The red headed boy sat in silence, enjoying the ride. He prop his elbow on the window sill and rested his head on his palm, watching the scenery change from meadow to woods. He could feel Allen's half-hearted glare at him. With a light sigh he said, "I came to the Campbells around three in the morning and dragged these two, literally, out of their beds. They are no ignorant of what is happening in the shadows and you already introduced yourself as an accommodator though unknown to them. Furthermore..." he paused to look at Allen in the eyes. "About this uncle of theirs, Lord Cyrus Campbell."

Silence hung over them as Allen contemplated of the possible dangers he got himself into by showing Mana and Neah the innocence he had.

Allen looked down, clenching his fists. I'm doomed, aren't I? He thought.

"Anyway, we have to be careful from now on specially you and the twins." said the red headed boy. "You, because this man might have sense your stone since it is the most unique of its kind so far. It sends off a powerful aura to anyone with strong senses and the Noah will be alerted if they got near it and the twins because they were told of Noah clansmen and witnessed how the innocence was destroyed."

"...Cross..." Allen trailed off; his eyes still locked on his shoes.

Cross, the red headed boy, was surprised as Allen rarely called him by his first name. But, he expertly hid his emotions and hummed in response.

"Do you think...Mana and Neah are..."

"It's possible. They can feel if one of their family members will awaken. But..."

Looking back at Cross, who had his eyes glued on the roof, Allen asked, "What is it?"

"...Well, during my stay at the Order as an apprentice to a scientist, I spent my vacant time researching about the history of innocence and I happen to stumble upon this one information. But, I'll tell you once we get to my place."

Little did they know, the twins, Mana and Neah, were only feigning their sleep and silently were listening to the small discussion between Cross and Allen. They were now confused and curious. They decided not to demand questions yet and wait for them to tell what they knew about Noah, innocence, and Order.

Which they will soon know once they arrived at the place Cross mentioned.

It was quarter to five when the black carriage the four boys were in pulled to a stop. Cross was the first to get out followed by Allen who gaped at the, for the lack of a better word, marvellous mansion.

"What? You've been here many times before, so why gap now?" snapped Cross before he moved to kick the remaining two in the vehicle out.

Mana and Neah both groaned upon hitting the moist ground. They were just pretending to be asleep, but did not expect to fall back asleep, thus, they were roughly awoken when they hit the ground.

Allen spun around and helped two back to their feet as the carriage set off to its new destination, leaving the stoic Cross unlocking the massive gate of metal rods painted in white with carved roses on it. Turning around, he jerked his head to the direction of his house.