Chapter 3: Charlie Swan

"Hey Jared," Emmett muttered, walking in. He did a double take when he saw me and smiled. "Nice hair, Charlie's here." I stood up and hooked my arm in his. "Bella's father Charlie?" I asked, when he nodded, I ran into the front room. "Hi Charlie, I'm Jared." I announced, shaking his hand.
"Hi, are you related to the Cullens?" He answered, looking at the others.

I knew I had to be very careful as Charlie didn't know the existence of vampires and would freak out if I told him I was Jasper's teenage daughter when he was a teen himself. "I'm a friend." I replied. I heard Jasper breathe out in relief and I couldn't help smiling. "Edward's girlfriend by any chance?" He asked, eyeing me.

"Dad!" Bella interrupted and rushed to Edward's side, who wrapped an arm around her waist.
"No." I answered firmly. "I'm Edward's friend."
Jasper stared at me again. He took another couple of seconds before looking at Charlie and gulping because of the scent of his blood. He gripped his throat tight and Alice pulled him out of the room.
"Weird kid, that one." Charlie frowned, shaking his head.
"Well I can't stop kids, that boy Riley Biers still hasn't been found, gotta get to the station." Charlie muttered.
"Bye Dad." Bella smiled and hugged him. "Bye sweetie."

Damn, I'd give anything for that kind of relationship with Jasper.
"You alright Jared?" I switched my senses back on and saw Rosalie holding onto my arm looking nervous. "Yeah....um, I'm out of here." I said, ran past a stumbling Charlie and bolted outside to climb into a tree.
"Jared, what's wrong?" Alice asked, concerned and ran out into the front yard. "Go away Alice," I snap rudely. "I need Alone Time."(@Larry_Ziall_Zouis)
She looks innocently wounded but turns and runs back into the house. I'm sure I heard her call Jasper's name cause' he was standing by the open window of the house glaring for the next 10-15 minutes.

I perform a very rude gesture towards him which makes him frown and raise his eyebrows. He waves his hand as if to say: Fine, be like that....and thankfully walks away. Another five uncomfortable minutes in the tree and my phone suddenly beeps.

*PETER*

How's your lovely visit with Daddy?

Hope you're having fun!!!

Love Uncle Peter and Aunt Charlotte xxxx

P.S, Sorry.

*JARED*

Awful!! Save me!! I hate you for sending that message and I wish, 'daddy' loved me!!!

No love sent at all!! :(

*PETER*

Oops.........

................................................

Is that really all he can say? 'Oops'
Okay well if I'd killed Jasper then it certainly wouldn't be 'oops' Why am I even bothering? Jasper doesn't love me and Bella isn't really part of the family. Carlisle and Esme seem to like me. Alice doesn't really mind me but she'd rather go on Jasper's side. Edward doesn't say much as he's still trying to win Bella over. Then Rosalie likes me as long as I don't have a crush on her husband Emmett who is technically my best friend so.......
Screw it. I'm off. I jump out of the tree and land on the floor with a loud yelp and a thud from my weight. I lay there trying to kick my feet to see if I've broken anything.
"Jared!!" Oh God damn it. I struggle to my feet and see Emmett rushing towards me.

He picks me up and carries me into the house. "Carlisle! Carlisle! We have an injury!!" He yells, running around the house. "Oh, I just fell, I'm fine, I'm a vampire!" I reason. "Curly don't worry, I'll get this sorted out." He replies just as Carlisle walks in.
"Well there's no blood," Carlisle smiles, examining my leg.
"Can you move it?" He asks, rubbing the sore spot.

"Um...yeah." I mumble, stretching my leg out.
"Good, but that was quite a fall. You'll be needing some rest." He orders and kisses my forehead. I nod in response and close my eyes.
"Jared," I hear minutes later. I open my eyes. Wow. Jasper has come to see me. Oh. How thoughtful.....not.
"What do you want?" I ask through gritted teeth. He gives me his cold look and sits down. "To say hello." He replies blankly. "Hello." He adds.

"Well you've said it now, screw off." I snap and roll onto my side. He stands up and tuts at me, ready to leave.
"I wish you loved me." I cry out when I think he's close to the door. He turns back, looking confused.

"I do,"