Deadly Temptation (30)

Start from the beginning

"Right now?" His eyes darkened.

"Yes, now."

Reese closed the distance between them and held her tight in his arms as he kissed her tight lips. His hands roamed her body and she tried not to squirm away.

"Kiss me back," he growled as he backed her into the wall.

As calmly as she could, she asked him a question, "Do you ever think about having babies with me?"

He was caught off guard for a second but recovered quickly. "Of course, baby. I wanna make a lot of babies with you."

"And you would never hurt me or them, right baby?" she looked into his eyes as a sudden feeling of anger crept up her spine.

"Never," he strongly declared.

"But you did,"

"What are you talking about?" He leaned away from her.

"I was pregnant, Stanley," she tested his name on her lips.

His eyes lit up just as she heard Kimmy gasp in the corner. Reese's hands started to shake as he exhaled before bursting into a shit-eating grin. A happy laugh suddenly escaped his lips and he lifted her up; twirling her around.

"We were pregnant?" He couldn't stop smiling. "Luke didn't tell me you had a baby. Where are they?"

"I was pregnant. There is no baby." She deadpanned.

"Where's our baby?" His mood suddenly changed and he gritted his teeth. He gripped the collar of her shirt and pulled her closer to his face.

"You killed them," she said, venom dripping from her tone of voice.

"Liar!" he screamed, pushing her back into the wall. "You're a fucking liar!"

"And you're unhinged! Because of you, our baby died!" She yelled back, finding the courage to stand up to him.

"Liar!" He said again while gripping his hair. "You're such a liar,"

Reaching down, while Reese tried to make sense of what she said, Janessa picked the piece of block up and held it behind her.

"That coma I was in, was due to my head injury; the injury I got when I fell down the stairs because you were dragging me down them," she stepped closer to him, "my baby miscarried because of the pneumonia I caught while laying in the rain for hours unconscious. You left me in the rain, Stanley. This is your fault."

"No baby, I'm so sorry. I would never hurt you or our baby. I would never hurt you." He suddenly started to plea.

"But you did," she softly spoke this time. "Look at where we are right now," she gestured around them, "this isn't right."

After a beat, he replied in a calm tone. "But I can make it right. We can have another baby and go far away from here. Just you and me. No one has to get hurt. Right baby?" He pulled her in for a hug and inhaled her scent. "Just you and me,"

With a deep breath, she replied, "I used to think you were the love of my life," she used her free hand to caress his hair. "But I was wrong, we will never be together," and with that, she swung her other hand with the block and connected it to the back of his head.

Reese grunted in pain as he fell to his knees while holding the back of his head. It was definitely bleeding but not enough to have knocked him out.

Rushing over to Kimmy, Janessa quickly tried to untie the knots in the cable wire that Reese used to tie them up.

"Hurry," Kimmy said as she kept her eyes on Reese who was now recovering from the dizziness.