Chapter 1

The rain poured outside my window and I pulled my pillow over my head. The constant dripping was beginning to drive me insane. I heard the sound of my door opening and I rolled over seeing Liam step into my room. Oh no. He walks over to my window and draws the blinds open and I whine pushing myself deeper into the blankets. I wish he would just leave me alone to wallow in my own sorrows. But of course he insists on trying to make me feel better.

I hear his delicate footsteps and soon the covers and ripped from my body. "Niall get up"

"I don't want to...I'm fine right here." I look up at him and he sits down across from me. He gently places his lips to my forehead and I hide my face in my hands. "No Liam, I don't want to talk about it...Please don't make me..."

"Niall it's been weeks since you and Harry broke up. You haven't said a word...It's not healthy." He gently massages my shoulders and I nod my head knowing that he's right. But simply because he was right didn't mean I was going to change. "Don't you remember...It's your first day of work..."

I had been looking into working at a few publishing houses after everything went down with Harry. I needed something that would distract me from my constant distress. I hand landed a job at a publishing house named SIP and told was in fact my first day.

"Just give me a minute to get ready?" I asked earning myself a nod from Liam. He stands walking over to the door before looking over his shoulder at me. I nod my head for him to continue walking and he does. He smiles as best he can shutting the door behind him. I lay on my back staring up at the ceiling. Liam's right...No matter how hurt and fragile I am about this I can't remain in this room for the rest of my life.

"I'm sure he's just fine without me..." I mutter to myself but my words hurt me more than they comfort. I'm sure that he's moved onto the next man by now. It's been weeks. I know how fervent his sexual needs are. We haven't contacted each other and it's been tough but somehow I've managed. I push the blankets from over me and step out of bed.

I walk into my bathroom and stop looking at myself in the mirror. My hands roam the dark bags that have formed under my puffy eyes. I notice how blood shot they are. From the constant crying more likely. I've lost more weight than I ever thought possible. Of course I'm not skin and bones but I had lost enough weight for it to be noticeable. I wasn't starving myself on purpose I just never found the time to eat. I never felt felt well enough to eat. It always felt like if I ate something I would manage to throw it all back up.

I run some warm water and splash some on my face. I stand there for a moment leaning against the sink before walking over to the shower turning the water on.

I look at myself in the mirror on last time. I'm wearing a nice black suit that Liam had gotten me, with a blue tie that I my mom had bought. It fits me very nicely if I do say so myself. A bit baggy in some places but I choose to ignore that. When I look in the mirror I don't see the same person who's been in bed for so long...I see someone who is more confident and is ready to move on with their life.

I step out of my room and walk down the hall seeing Liam is on the phone. With Edward more than likely. Edwards plans on accompanying Liam and his family on their vacation to Barbados soon. It will be nice not having the two of them around for some time. I need some time to myself. Or perhaps I don't. If I'm by myself then I'm alone with my thoughts and lord knows how dangerous that can be.

Liam turns and looks at me and his eyes widen. Oh no. He quickly ends his call and runs over to me. "Niall Horan you looking dashing and utterly scrumptious" He gushes and I can't seem to hide my smile.

"Your gay is showing Liam." I hug him and he gladly hugs me back. His words do manage to make me feel better thought. He pulls out of our hug resting his hands on my shoulders taking one last looks at me and I shy away from him. "I have to go or I'll be late...and thank you Liam."

"A best friend is supposed to help you get through a break up Niall. It's practically my job." Liam informs me and I shake my head grabbing my phone and car keys. I walk out of the apartment and go down to where my car is parked. Ever since I gave Harry the car he bought me back, I decided to invest in a new Toyota Camry. It's a beautiful car and it's nice to know that I paid for it myself. Though I do miss my sports car. I shake my head of the thought and quickly climb in the car and put the key into the ignition.

~*~

I walk into SIP Nearly getting lost in the large lobby. There are so many people crowded into the area I can barely make it to the front desk. I pardon myself as I quickly usher through the sea of people. When I do find the front desk a woman looks up at me, her blue eyes meeting my own. "Niall Horan?" She questions and I nod. "Jack is waiting for you on the fourth floor. He said that eh wanted to personally help you get settled in." She winks at me and I raise an eyebrow. She can't mean what I think she means.

"Thank you" I smile towards her and walk over to the elevators pressing the up facing arrow. I close my eyes for a moment and just let my mind roam. Images of the past weeks flash through my mind and my stomach drops. I hate that he's managed to get me this worked up. I hate loving someone that will never love me back. I hate that I can't get over him. I hate that I'm not sure I want to get over him. 

The elevator doors open and I step on pressing the fourth floor button. I lean my back against the wall and stand there as the elevator slowly goes up to the floor I selected. When the doors open I quickly step off and Jack, the man who had interviewed me for the position steps out of his office.

"Niall! You made it, on time as well. I like that." He chuckles and I send him a friendly smile. "Let me show you your office." I nod and he leads me down the hall and stops in front of a door. In front of the door there's a vase holding long-stemmed white roses and a note hanging from the top. "Well this is odd..." Jack bends down picking up the vase. He hands them to me seeing my name placed on the card and I take the card opening it.

White is the purest of colors. Black is the darkest of souls. We need to talk Niall.
~ Harry Styles

My eyes widen as I read the note. How on earth did he know- Oh who am I kidding. Of course Harry would know. He's my own personal stalker.

"Who are they from..." Jack asks unlocking the door to my office.

The word boyfriend crawls to the tip of my tongue and I pull it back. "No one." I crumble up the note and throw it into the trash walking into the office with Jack letting him teach me how everything works.

********

I have no idea why this book got deleted. But put it in your library in case it does again.