First Kiss

Kaldur X OC

Prompt: Avery and Kaldur having their first kiss

"Are you warm enough, my love?"

Avery turned and smiled at Kaldur, while adjusting her jacket.

"Yes I am" Avery replied before she made her way over to Kaldur. "It's only a walk on the beach, right?"

Kaldur smiled and looped a scarf around Avery's neck, humming. "Indeed but I do not wish for you to feel unwell" Kaldur explained, his hand stopping at her shoulders before trailing down Avery's arms then holding her petite hands.

Avery gave a small laugh and Kaldur smiled at the sound.

"We always take a walk on the beach and besides," said Avery before her own hands held Kaldur's hands, "if I do feel unwell, we're close enough to the mountain anyways."

Kaldur nodded and smiled, "Shall we go then?"

Avery held up their adjoined hands, her other hand lifting the edge of her jacket like a curtsy. "Yes, we shall~"

Kaldur chuckled before the two started to make their way out of the mountain for their daily walk. Wolf barked at them in greeting, which caused M'gann and Conner to look.

"Off on your daily walks?" smiled M'gann as she floated over. Conner made their way over to the group soon after.

"Yup, shouldn't be out too long though" replied Avery.

"We will be back soon" said Kaldur.

"Have fun!" said M'gann when Avery and Kaldur made their way out of the mountain.

The walk was fairly quiet with little words spoken. It was a comfortable silence and that was alright. They sometimes talked about something or nothing at all.

What matter was each other's presences.

They quickly found themselves on the beach and Avery watched Kaldur take a deep breath. She listened to how he took deep breaths and slowly exhaled it out. She could feel his muscles relaxing and his mind wandering to the ocean.

Avery's green eyes went to look into Kaldur's own eyes and noted how distance they were. She could feel the yearning for Atlantis and the people he left behind.

And sometimes the love and hurt of his crush Tula.

Avery turned away from Kaldur'ahm and looked at the sky. It was still fairly light out but the sun was setting. The sky changing blue to hues of purple, red, and orange then the darkness peering over.

Avery closed her own eyes and tried to calm herself. She too took in the smell of the sea and focused on the crashing waves of the sea.

Ever slowly the sea drowned out her own negative emotions of hurt, jealousy, and anger. It wasn't as if Kaldur was going to cheat on her but when they first became a couple, she knew Kaldur was still trying to move on.

He originally had romantic feelings for one of his best friends in Atlantis and it was Tula. However, when he returned to Atlantis and confessed to her-

Kaldur was turned down with the fact that Tula was already in a relationship with Garth, his other best friend.

His heart broken but also happy for his friends, Kaldur'ahm was in turmoil.

Avery opened her eyes and looked back at Kaldur, who was tightening his hand over hers.

The black-haired girl gently tugged her hand and Kaldur's, successfully jolting him back to reality. He turned a bit surprise that he was stuck in his own thoughts for so long.