Hard To Love: Levi x Reader

A/N: This one shot is based off of a song. I think of Levi everytime I hear it because I think this would be what's going through his head if he were to be in a relationship. So it'll all be in his P.O.V.
                🐚mermaid🐙

Levi's P.O.V.
         I sighed heavily as I let myself fall into the chair at my desk. I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration. I was in the middle of an argument with my girlfriend, (Y/N).

       "Levi, I'm not trying to be annoying, but you need to to take a break!" She whined, throwing her hands in the air and then letting them fall to rest at her hips, "What about me? Wouldn't you rather spend time with me than killing yourself with all of this work?" Her lips were pursed angrily and her brow was furrowed.

       "No. What I need is for you to take your bratty a** somewhere else so that I can finish the f*cking paperwork." I snapped back, slamming my fist on the table.

I am insensitive, I have a tendency
To pay more attention to the things that I need.

        I saw her tear up, but I just rolled my eyes and grabbed the bottle of liquor I kept in one of my drawers. I took a hearty swig after uncapping it. (Y/N) ran her hand through her knotted (h/c) hair.

      "Please, Levi. Don't start drinking." She begged, coming over to my desk and trying to take the bottle from me. I yanked it back, one of her nails breaking on the bottle.

     She gasped, seeing all the anger and aggravation in my eyes as I took another gulp. She bowed her head, hugging herself with her arms. (Y/N) turned her back to me, then began making her way out of my office.

Sometimes I drink to much, sometimes I test your trust,
Sometimes I don't know why you're staying with me

       I know I should've felt bad, but at that moment I was too angry. I took one of my tea cups and threw it beside her- it hit the wall and shattered.

       She squeaked loudly, jumping away from the loud sound. When she looked back at me her (e/c) eyes were full of tears.

I'm hard to love, hard to love,
Oh I don't make it easy,

       (Y/N) was frozen for a second. I expected her to turn around and yell at me, then when she kneeled down to pick up the pieces I thought she would throw them back at me.

       But she didn't. She walked back over to my desk and set the broken cup gently into the trashcan beside my desk. She then looked back to me and gave me a small smile, making me roll my eyes and take one more chug out of my bottle.

I couldn't do it if I stood where you stood
I'm hard to love, hard to love,

       "I love you, Levi." (Y/N) whispered carefully. My breath hitched in my throat and my palms began to sweat. I growled internally. My blood pressure was rising and I clenched my fists.

      "Get out!" I shouted, pointing at the door. Her smile drooped downward into a frown as she shook her head in disappointment. (Y/N) crossed her arms in front of her chest and began pacing around the room. Her brown boots making soft thumping sounds across the wooden floor.

You say that you need me,
I don't deserve it but I love that you love me good

       "I want to work this out, Levi. I need you, I want you to be happy with me." She said, coming back to my desk, resting her hands on it. She leaned forward, extending her hand to me.

       "Stop it, (L/N)! I'm not happy with you right now! I need to do my work, but you won't leave me the h*ll alone!" I yelled, pushing my chair away from my dealing and standing to my feet.

I am a short fuse, I am a wrecking ball
Crashing into your heart like I do

        She started to silently weep. Turning her head away so that she could hide her vulnerability from me.

      "D-do you know why... Why I'm pestering you more th-than normal, Levi?" (Y/N) asked, wiping tears with her thumb. I thought for a moment, before rage consumed me once again.

      "No! There's no good reason for you to--!" I began shouting, but she interrupted before I got my full sentence out.

You're like a Sunday morning full of grace and full of Jesus
And I wish that I could be more like you

       "D-do you know what-what day it is?" She stuttered quietly, looking down at her shoes. I raised an eyebrow at her.

     "It's f*cking Tuesday." I said, making her chuckle lightly to herself. Somehow she kept a positive attitude despite all the aggression I was giving her.

     "But what's the date, Levi?" She asked slowly, raising both of her eyebrows at me. She tilted her head slightly and looked at me with hopeful eyes.

I'm hard to love, hard to love,
Oh I don't make it easy,

       "It's the-- Aw, f*ck!" I groaned, hitting my head against the wall, "I'm such a d*ck." I rubbed my temples then turned back to look at her. After how horrible I was, she still managed to smile at me. The sight made my lips twitch upward slightly.

      "Happy four year anniversary, Levi." (Y/N) said somewhat happily, "I love you so much." She wiped her remaining tears with the sleeve of her jacket.

I couldn't do it if I stood where you stood
I'm hard to love, hard to love,

        "I'm sorry. Please forgive me, (Y/N)." I pleaded, opening my arms to her. She quickly reacted, throwing her body into mine and burrowing her nose into the crook of my neck as I began to stroke her hair. I rested my lips on her forehead, kissing it gently.

You say that you need me,

       "I love you to death, (Y/N)." I whispered into her ear, "I'll never act that d*mn stupid again."

       "I'm sure you will, Levi. But if I couldn't handle it I wouldn't be with you." I felt her lips pull into a smile on my neck and she pulled me tighter against her body.

       I grabbed her chin and led her to my lips. (Y/N) happily obliged and pressed her lips onto mine. It's cliché as sh*t... But our lips really did fit together like puzzle pieces.

I don't deserve it but I love that you love me good

    A/N: That wraps up the first one-shot my Little Guppies. I hope you liked it, and if not.... LEAVE A REQUEST and we will write a story you would like.
          🐚mermaid🐙