Chapter 4

Cait's POV
I walked into the cortex and went to talk to Dr. Wells, but I was stopped by Cisco.

"He actually didn't want to talk. I just said that since it was getting heated in there," he says.

"Oh, okay. Thanks, but everything is fine now," I say.

"Is everything actually okay?"

"Yeah. it's just, even though Iris is out, but isn't doing anything to ruin my relationship with Barry. I still manage to ruin it myself, and Im sick of ruining everything that is good in my life,"

"You don't ruin things, you make them brighter, after all you guys are married and, hopefully soon, will have kids?"

"Oh my god! Cisco! I am not talking about this with you!" I say laughing.

"What! I just can't wait to see a cute little Caitlin or little Barry, okay!" he says joking around.

"Okay," I say and get back to work.

"You know Dr. Wells did say you can take a break. Maybe you could use the spare time for you and Barry,"

"You know what, maybe I should. I'll spend time with him and work things out. Thanks Cisco. Can you tell Dr. Wells that I will only take a week off and be back on Monday, please?" I say.

"Yeah, will do" I take my belongings and drive home. As soon as I got there I saw Ronnie's car in the driveway. I walked in and hear mumbling voices near by. I walked to the living room, but no one was there.

"Barry you here?" I yelled.

"Yeah, in the kitchen!" He yelled.

"Hey what's Ronnies car doing in the drive..." I didn't finished the sentence when I saw Ronnie in the kitchen as well. "Oh hey" I say.

"Hi" he says.

"I saw him around so I asked him to join us for dinner, if that's okay with you?" Barry asked.

"Uh, yeah sure. Um, Barry can I talk to you for a second. Privately?" I say and he walks behind me to the living room.

"What?"

"What do you mean what? What is he doing here? A few minutes ago you were angry with me because I was with him and now your bringing him into our home?!" I say.

"If he's really going to be your friend, you're not the only one going to figure it out. If this is going to work I am going to need to get along with him. I don't like it, but it has to be done" he says.

"Okay, fine" I say and we walked back into the kitchen.

"Okay who's hungry?" Barry asks, but Ronnie and I only smiled and we helped set up the table. We spent the afternoon talking about work, how our lives were doing, etc. The boring stuff basically. We were cleaning up when I received a call.

"I'll be right back," I say and take the call. "Hello?"

"Hello, Caity!" A female voice says. I didn't need to guess anymore, I knew who it was by know. I covered the phone so she wouldn't be able to hear me.

"Barry get over here! It's Iris!" I yelled and he texted Joe. "What do you want?" I asked. What a stupid question. I already knew what she wanted. "You know never mind. Leave us alone!"

"But I like playing with you, your like my favorite doll that I don't want to stop playing with," She says.

"Well, maybe like the rest of us you need grow up an leave us behind. Start fresh"

"Your right.....Not, anyway how was your dinner? You know with Ronnie?" She asked

"How did you-"

"I know everything. Like how your tracing me right now" she says. "Come and find me" she says but it wasn't threw the phone instead it was inside the house. I dropped the phone and looked at my surroundimgs. I went into the kitchen. Barry had went upstais to call Joe. I was downstairs with Ronnie in the kitchen.

"Im going to check the living room" Ronnie says.

"Wait, I'll come with you" I say grabbing him by the arm. we walked to the living room slowly and then we heard a sound. THUMP! I jumped and we walked towards the sound. Someone had dropped a vase on the floor. "Barry!" I yelled.

"Yeah?!" He yelled from the kitchen.

"Did you drop the vase?" I asked when we were at the kitchen.

"Yeah, sorry," he says. Ten minutes passed and Joe arrived. Iris signal was coming from inside the house, but she was nowhere to be found. There was not one trace of her. How did she manage to do that? I asked myself over and over again. Joe and Ronnie left and Barry and I started talking.

"I don't think this was a coincidence" Barry says.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Ronnie was here and then all of sudden Iris calls and "supposedly" she's in the house." says Barry.

"Barry, come on, how could he manage to bring Iris in here, you were with him the whole time,"

"I did bring him in the house, but when you received that call and you told me, I went upstairs to call joe, so Ronnie was alone."

"NO, he wouldn't do that to me again. He would'nt betray me like that. Not again," I say denying what Barry was saying.

"We'll figure it out, Cait. I actually don't think he would do it to you either," he says.

"What if I talk to him, if I ask him he might want to speak out before he hurts me, right?" I ask.

"I think that will work," Barry says.

"Okay, then I'll talk to him tomorrow. Oh and I have time off, so we can spend time together," I say.

"That's sweet, Cait, but I have work, but when I get home we'll spend time. Okay?"

"Yeah. Okay, sure" I say disappointed. "I'm going to sleep. Goodnight," I say.

"Goodnight, love you" he says and I walk upstairs without looking back.

~•~

Hey guys!

Sorry for the wait.

What u think?? comment any ideas for some chapters

Vote/comment

Xoxo

~Mari 💕