Chapter 2- Unfinished Business

Once the morning sunrise awakened, a pinkish glow cast itself upon soft clouds tinted with lavender and milky white, these colours spreading across the sky announcing the new day. Soft oranges and golden sun rays painted across the clouds as if by a divine hand while birds of many assortments began to chirp and sing happily outside the window of Georgia Barne's home. The teen lay unconscious and still from within the confines of her cozy sheets, abruptly waking with a start before she accidentally fell out of bed, her body connecting with the hard floor in a loud thump!

"Ow!" she groaned, her eyes widening in disbelief as they darted around her room, now completely clean, not a piece out of place despite what she thought happened last night.

"What the....what happened last night?" she murmured to herself while slowly sitting up, the memories from the previous night flooding back into her mind 'Was it just a dream? No... it felt so real....but.... nothings wrong'. Georgia contemplated the events in her mind, eventually shrugging it off as a bad night terror of sorts. After all....there was no evidence that anything happened...wasn't there? 

Georgia stood stiffly, stretching out her sore limbs while letting out a mighty yawn. She looked about her room nervously before a look of horror and realisation spread across her features 

"Oh Noooo!" she rushed over to her sodden desk and looked down at a saturated piece of paper, her English homework report that was due that day. The teen attempted to gently pick the work up with her hands but only managed to make it worse as the soggy sheet broke apart in her grasp. 

'Why today of all days!?' she glared down at the pathetic blob of wet paper and sighed 'That's weird.... I could've sworn that I closed this window last night'. She stepped closer and took note of the mysteriously open window, a cool morning breeze blowing into her room causing a shiver to cascade down her spine. It took her a moment to come to her senses, but once she did she closed the window and drew back her thick purple curtains before switching the light on 'Something isn't right here...' 

With that she began to prepare herself for school, undressing from her comfy pajamas and changing into some black shorts, one of her favourite shirts with the Gun's and Roses logo printed on the front and an over sized red checked, button up shirt to drape over the whole ensemble. Once this step of her daily routine was finished she shuffled on over to her mirror in the corner of her room and began brushing her long, chocolate brown hair. To complete her look for the day Georgia slipped on some black combat boots and a dark grey fedora 'Is it too much?' she thought to herself while examining the look in her mirror 'nah' and with that she quickly wandered downstairs and made herself a bowl of cereal and a cup of orange juice for breakfast.

As time went by Georgia finished her washing up, brushing her teeth and packing her bag for school. She added some last minute touches to herself before exiting her home, mainly adding some dark red lipstick, her round sunglasses and a couple of bangles she had grown quite fond of. The 'walk' to school consisted of her walking down the long road of her street, passing by the thick forests that mainly surrounded the few amount of homes that were actually there until she reached the bus stop, then she would catch the bus into school.

As she began her 15 minute trek down the road she began passing long stretches of forest line,    Taking note of her surroundings as she usually did to pass time. The forest floor trail was about a thousand different hues of brown, more than Georgia's eyes could detect. The differences enhanced by the moisture from the previous rainfall from last night, variation on variation. Mixed in were some stones and pebbles, adding their greys to the cleverly constructed trail beneath her feet. The trees are tall and thick in these parts, kissed with the soft lips of moss that decorated their trunks and branches. On their shaded sides sprouted lichen as if thrown there in spatters of paint, their colour so softly green that it became mint tinted white.  Georgia let her eyes rest on the passing forestry, noticing the trees bark scarred by forest animals seeking insects or nuts. Each of them soft brown, their battle scars mahogany and deep even where the light reaches them. She crossed a particular tree with the initials G and S, BFF carved within the thick bark, the initials encased within a love heart that surrounded them 'Oh how times have changed...' she sighed sadly, a memory of Sarah crossing her mind. Suddenly she felt as though she was being watched.