Chapter 1- The Nightmare

The lingering light outside was obliterated by the rapidly unsettled, falling night. A canopy of luminous stars materialized amongst the ocean of blackness that was the sky. Some were dull, merely flickering into existence every now and then, but there was just an adequate amount of shimmering stars to illuminate the dark, moonless night. The small lake outside glistened, mirroring the dazzling assemblage of glittering stars briefly and the luminescence from the nearby street lamps and approaching lightning off in the distance followed by soft, hungry rumbles of thunder that was beginning to close in fast. The faint wind brushed against the lake water's surface, picking up slowly as the storm continued to approach sending ripples which disturbed the stillness of the surface and shattered the reflection of the disappearing stars above as they were swallowed up by the hungry storm clouds that settled above. Meanwhile on the grassy ground below, the slightly overgrown backyard belonging to a large, red bricked house from all sides caused a rather isolated feeling for the occupant inside, especially on a night like this where a storm was fast approaching and violent. 

The house looked quite old and rustic out in the dimly lit light reflecting off of what little of the pale moon there was left as the greedy, thick clouds began to take over the skies. It has been built with dusty red bricks and had complimentary white wood and stone accents and decorations. Tall, rounded windows which allowed enough light to enter the home during the daytime and had been added to the house in a mostly asymmetric way. The house on the inside seemed to be equipped with one large kitchen and two bathrooms that each connect to the bedrooms, it also consists of a cosy medium sized living room, two bedrooms, a small dining area, a small study which has been converted in to a bedroom for Georgia's brother and a roomy, old basement. The buildings structure is shaped like a large square. The two extensions extended into a patio on each side. The second floor is the same size as the first, which has been built exactly on top of the floor below it. The roof is low and slanted to one side and is covered with black roof tiles. One small chimney pokes out the center of the roof and Large, skylight windows let in plenty of light to the rooms below the roof. The house itself is surrounded by a mostly overgrown and wild garden, covered mostly in grass, vines, trees, wild flowers and weeds with a few vegetable patches here and there along with a small lake at the very back of the property. Behind the lake lay a vast valley of forestry and woodland. 

A bright flash of lightning struck in the distance through the window of Georgia Barne's bedroom, casting a moment of bright blue and white light to flash through the glass, illuminating the room for a couple of seconds before darkness came back once more. The loud, hungry growls of thunder outside caused  the young teen to stir slightly from within the depths of her layered covers "mmmm" she mumbled before opening her tired eyes ever so slowly. 

*BZZZZZT*

Just at that very moment her phone buzzed loudly from her night stand, the screen lighting up immediately which revealed the text ID. Georgia groaned as the bright light from her phone blinded her eyes 'who the hell is texting me at this time of the night!?' she thought to herself crankily before picking the phone up.

*11 unread messages from Mason*

(Hey)

(I know that we haven't talked in a while and this might seem a little weird or whatever)

(and it's pretty late right now)

(but I needed to talk to you.... )

(you're the only one who still cares, I can tell)

(I miss her y'know)

(I miss Sarah....)

(she was our best friend and ever since we put her in the ground everyone has just forgotten about her)