Chapter 7

"Okay class, 'yan na yung results ng midterm exam niyo sa math. Mag-aral kayo kung gusto niyo," the math professor says before leaving. He's only stayed for about 10 minutes to hand out his students' papers. According to Changmin, "Kapal ng mukha nito, 'di naman nagtuturo."

"Sunwoo," Haknyeon calls out after keeping his paper inside his bag. "Anong score mo?"

Sunwoo confidently shows his paper, a big 90 written on the top right. Haknyeon smiles widely while approaching him and says, "Hala, ang galing! Pwede magpatutor? 79 lang ako eh."

"79???" Sunwoo exclaims in disbelief. Haknyeon is one of the top students in the class. It is impossible for him to get a grade lower than 85, maybe even anything lower than 90. "Talaga????"

"Oo eh. 'Di ko masyadong na-gets yung previous lesson. Pwedeng magpatutor? Ang panget kasi kung line of 7 pa rin ako sa finals."

"S-sure. Sabihin mo lang kung kailan."

"Mamaya? Start na tayo. Sabay na tayo maglunch lagi."

Sunwoo's heart rate suddenly increases. Sabay na sila maglulunch? Everyday????? It's like they're having a date daily. Sunwoo nods enthusiastically and replies almost too loudly.

"SURE. DATE- I MEAN TUTURUAN KITA ARAW-ARAW."

"Tara na?"

"No, dito muna ako. Mauna na kayo."

Younghoon looks at Sunwoo and the other just shrugs. They give Juyeon a pat on the back before leaving the room with the rest of the class.

Juyeon is seated on the far back of the classroom, on the right where the windows are. He looks gloomy, different from his usual state. He looks out the window and sighs.

"Okay ka lang?" someone asks from the other side of the room. "Umalis na friends mo kanina pa ah."

Juyeon turns his head to look at the person. It's no other than his crush since his first year in this school, Choi Chanhee. Chanhee is forced to stay behind in the classroom because he's asked to do some paperwork that their math professor is too lazy to do, as what Ji Changmin has said before leaving with Haknyeon.

"Uh, I'm, uhm, okay... lang... ako," he responds with a low voice. "Naiistorbo ba kita? Sorry, alis na ko."

"No, it's fine. You can stay. You don't look okay though. Dahil ba 'to sa math midterm?"

Juyeon thinks about it for a while before nodding. Pretending he's okay when the other can definitely see that he's not is pointless.

"I saw your grade," Chanhee says and points to the papers given by the math professor. Juyeon cringes and looks away. 'Nakakahiya ka,' Juyeon says to himself. 'Ang talino ng crush mo, ta's makikita pa niya na bagsak ka.'

"'Di kita ijujudge. Medyo mahirap din talaga yung lesson. 'Di ko nga naperfect eh," Chanhee continues. He is the smartest in his class, so if 'di niya naperfect 'yung test. Mahirap talaga 'yan. "Kahit medyo nahirapan din ako, do you want me to teach you?"

Juyeon raises his head and looks at Chanhee. He is incredibly shy when comes to his crush, but he really needs help. Hindi na siya mag-iinarte.

"O-okay lang ba sa'yo?"

"Okay lang. I'll help you. Friends naman tayo."

Friends.

Chanhee said they're friends.

Juyeon slightly blushes. He barely even talks to the other; they're just working on a group project for two days. Chanhee acknowledging Juyeon as his friend is a huge step considering the latter never really does anything but stare at the former silently for the past few years. Juyeon has thought this was a bad day. With him getting a 73 on his math midterm, he feels really bad and thinks his day won't get any better.