The Bar

Phineas was sitting at the bar waiting for the bartender to come back around and fill up his cup. Phineas had just saw Caroline and Helen and they were as happy as ever to see them. It was hard seeing them just once a week because the shows were so demanding. But the hardest part were the questions of, " Why aren't you and mommy together anymore" "I thought you loved mommy" How do you explain to young kids that sometimes love doesn't last forever? That people can fall in love with different people? And that's what happened.

          Phineas was talking to the bartender as he heard the door open and close. In came Phillip Carlyle, the man himself. Phineas has liked him ever since he stared into those beautiful eyes of his. Phillip caught the stare of Phineas, he smiled and walked over. "Hey stranger", he said as he sat next to him. Phineas just stared down at his glass, as he swished it around. "Everything all right Phin?" Phineas's heart about exploded from the sound of the nickname. "As good as you can ever be only seeing your kids once a week", Phillip nodded in understanding and called the bartender down for a drink. "How long have you been here P. T?". Phineas looked as though he was thinking of the question for a second and said without hesitation "2 hours". Phillip looked at P.T as he downed another glass of whiskey. "I should probably go" said Phineas a few seconds later as he got up from the bar. "I'll go with you" said Phillip as he to got up to follow the man out of the bar.

          They walked down the streets on New York watching the kids play in the street and living their lives to the fullest. They walked to the circus and were immediately greeted by a kiss on the cheek by Anne and cheers from the troupe below. Barnum walked to his room and Phillip walked with Anne. Anne pulled Phillip aside and said"Phillip we need to talk" Phillip became a little worried after that statement and said "ok" "follow me" was all he got back in return. They walked over and sat behind the risers where no one could see them. "I know" is all Anne said. Phillip confused asks "know what?" "I know you like Phineas" she smiles and grabs his hand. "What!?" He whisper yells. "How do you know?" "Everyone knows. Look at the way you two look at eachother. Everyone sees the way you guys look at eachother when you think no ones looking, but we see everything. You know we are very observant", she chuckles, "I didn't realize it was that obvious" says Phillip obviously taken aback by what is said. "Does he know?!" "Know what?" They hear a voice say from behind them. "Oh, hi Phineas, it's nothing, really" "ok", Barnum says as he walks away. Phillip makes sure he's gone before he whispers a quiet no that hardly Anne can hear. "Phillip, you need to tell him. Especially now. You know your probably the reason why he lady Charity in the first place. He fell in love with you." Says Anne in the kindest way possible. "I doubt that. There's no way he has feelings for me. Especially not so soon after breaking up with a woman he's been with all his life." "But he does. He looks at you the same way you do him. You guys are so oblivious to the love that is sparkling between you both. Go talk to him" Anne says a bit louder. "Now?" He says questioningly," Yes, now" is all she says before she gets up and walks away to practice her new stunt she's trying next week. "How do I do this? I don't even know what to say? I guess just put it all out there." He thinks before standing up and walking towards Barnums office and knocking on the door.