t h i r t y - t w o

Start from the beginning

"And I tried to buy your pretty heart, but the price too high
Baby, you got me like oh, mm
You love when I fall apart, fall apart
So you can put me together
And throw me against the wall"

We sing the song by Rihanna with passion and Brad joins in at times while playing the guitar. I realise that Abigail has a pretty good soft voice, quite the opposite of her attitude.

As soon as we finish the first rehearsal her ph be buzzed and she glares at her phone before stomping.

I look at Brad and he sighs with a shrug.

"I'm sure we'll be fine, you guys know the words and I know the chords. I'll be surprised if we don't get an A." He assures me.

I nod unsure. "When do we perform it again?"

"Last period." Brad reminds me

"Shit." I curse.

"Hey it's okay, do you want to go through it just us? I can sing Abigail's parts."

"Yes please."

Brad nods and fiddles with his guitar before nodding and singing the first bit.

It goes well and then I get to the first of two parts that I always worry about. My voice is strong but I get worried sometimes and avoid a note.

"Must be love on the brain
That's got be feeling this way
It beats me black and blue
But it loves me so good
And I can't get enough
Must be love on the braaaaaaiiin." I draw out the last note and raise my voice trying to keep the note steady.

Brad smiled at me and it makes me feel good about my self so I continue.

We finish the song and I sigh in relief finally feeling confident.

"Okay, I feel ready."

Brad placed the guitar on top of it's case and walks over to me. His arms wrap around my waist and I laugh as he pulls me towards him.

"You sound amazing." He places a quick kiss on my lips and I grin up at him.

"Can we go eat?" I whisper.

"Of course." He laughs.

Brad properly puts the guitar in the case and we walk out of the rehearsal room, hand in hand.

"Oh, hey Abigail." I say startled. She was standing right in the doorway and it looked like she had been there for a little bit.

"Hey guys I was just about to come back in." She pushes a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Oh we were just going to go eat." Brad says.

"Okay cool, I guess I'll see you guys in music then." She abruptly turns around and speed walks down the hall.

I shake my head and we walk to the cafeteria.

"Oh I didn't tell you, I was nominated for prom queen." I laugh.

Brad smiled down at me. "Maybe we could be prom king and queen." He teases.

"Ugh, please no." I stick out my tongue.

"That's pretty soon isn't it?"

"Yep next weekend." Time flies.

We buy food and then see James sitting alone with his earphones in.

"Whatcha listening to?" I ask and he pulls an earphone out.

"Taylor Swift." He slightly reddens but I smile.