Chapter 4

*Brenden's POV*

Ugh great, another knock at the door. There's not even a point to this party. It's just like some welcoming thing that my uncle is throwing for me. 

I answer the door and then find myself staring into a pair of very familiar hazel eyes. Then, it clicks. This is the same girl I bumped into at the mall. If she's here does that mean that she does know me? Or maybe she just knows my uncle. Well whatever she probably didn't know I even existed before this party.

"Hi, come on in guys," yelled my uncle from across the room.

"I'm glad you could come," he yelled again.

He then walked over and introduced us.

"Brenden, this is Emma and her mother Sarah, they live in the cabin down the street," he explained to me.

"Hi," I said.

"Hi," Emma said rather shyly.

She was very pretty; brown eyes, long brown hair that falls perfectly halfway down her back, and she only goes up to about my shoulder.

"Alright well you two will be the only teenagers here tonight, so I suggest you get to know each other so you won't be bored out of your minds the whole time," said Uncle Jack.

"Ok," I stated blandly and then led Emma to the living room where we sat on the couch and talked for a little while.