I got sent to anger management classes, I didn't expect to find HIM here! [7]

Kay's POV

The next morning I woke up, I looked around the room and saw that it wasn't time to get up; I lay back down, but couldn't get back asleep. Even though I knew I'd probably get in trouble, I got out of bed and threw on some black skinny jeans and a purple v-neck. I left my room, as soon as I left, I instantly felt better.

I tip toed down the dark hall, and hoped no one caught me; because if they did I have a feeling my punishment would be worse than restriction. But honestly getting kicked out of this place might not be so bad.

A single name popped in my head...Coda. I knew then, that I couldn't leave just yet.

I went past the cafeteria and saw what I was looking for, a door that leads outside. I wiped the sweat off my brow and opened the door before I chickened out.

As soon as I stepped outside I let out a long sigh, this was what I had been missing, the sky was still kind of dark, but I could feel the sun's rays warming me. I knew I couldn't stay long; it had to be close to 8:00. I sat down on the pavement and put my head in my hands.

What could I do about Coda? Sure, I know what happened to him a couple years ago, but that wasn't a reason he'd be sent here. This is for people with anger problems, not killers. So what had Coda done? A bigger question lingered way back in my head...did Coda kill his brother, what happened that night so long ago?

I pushed aside those questions the best I could because I really didn't want to think about Coda killing his brother.

I just wanted to pull my hair out in frustration; I didn't have my phone, or a computer.

I heard a car in the distance, my head shot up as I watched a blue sedan roll by, then I noticed something strange about the car, the passenger door had holes in it, they looked like bullet holes. My breath caught in my throat as the guy in the passenger seat looked over at me, he smirked, then he put his hand out the window, his thumb and pointer finger came out, making a gun symbol, his thumb came down, like he shot me.

I had an eerie feeling roll threw me. I stood up abruptly as the car passed by. I felt like I should do something, tell someone, but I didn't. It was just someone creep being an idiot...right? Of course.

I sat back down; it didn't feel right though, all of a sudden, being outside wasn't so appealing. I stood up and turned around; I jumped halfway in the air when

I saw a guy leaning against the door.

Then he smiled, I knew who it was instantly. Bryce. I put my hand over my heart, "Holy shit, you scared the crap outta me."

"You a little jumpy?" He asked.

"Yeah I guess." I mumbled looking at my feet.

Then he stepped closer to me, "What happened?" I noticed his voice changed and his face got serious, I was surprised at his sudden change of emotions.

"Uh nothing, it was just this car." I stopped there, knowing I had already said too much. He would think I was stupid if I told him why I was so shaken up.

"What car?" He asked me.

"A...a blue sedan...I think."

He looked away from me, and looked at the road; he didn't say anything for a while. I could tell from his eyes that he was somewhere else, no longer with me. I wondered what he was thinking about.

Then, like a light bulb went on in his head, I saw the big flirty smile, that's the Bryce I was used to seeing.

He put his hand on my lower back, "Come on Kay, break fest's being served."

I followed Bryce into the cafeteria and I looked around for Coda, I was disappointed when I never found him. I felt Bryce bump his shoulder with mine, he winked. I smiled and bumped him back. Even though I had no idea who this kid was, he made me want to smile.

Still, even though Bryce was extremely cute, he wasn't Coda. That's who I really wanted to see.

After me and Bryce got our food we sat at a table and began eating.

"So Bryce, what brings you here?" I asked him as I took a bite of my bagel.

"Got in a fight with my dad, he called the cops...blah blah blah."

"Ouch." I winced at that, "Your dad actually called the cops on you?"

"Yup." He said.

"At least you're not in juvie, right?"

He snorted, "Right."

I sighed, I missed teasing with Coda.

"What's with the sigh?" Bryce asked me.

"Nothing."

He studied me, then picked up his celery sticks, I watched as he put them in each nostril, I broke out in a wide grin, he looked ridiculous. I started busting out laughing, as he made his eyes cross.

"You...you look like a," I tried to stop laughing so I could talk, "a retarded walrus."

He took them out of his nose, "What's so funny?"

I wiped the tears out of my eyes and shook my head, "You stupid! I haven't seen someone put celery up their nose since 3rd grade!"

He smiled and shrugged his shoulders, "I do what I can to make beautiful girls smile."

I stopped laughing and my smile fell, beautiful girl? I didn't see one in this room.

Just as Bryce was about to say something, I heard his voice, Coda. I turned around and saw him talking to Mr. Jones; I looked closer and noticed both of them looked pissed. They looked like they were arguing. I wonder what that's about.

I turned back to Bryce and saw him staring at Coda and Mr. Jones to.

"Bryce?"

He didn't look at me when I said his name. Why was he so interested in Coda and Mr. Jones? Did he even know them?

"Bryce! Hello!"

He jumped a little and he was back to himself with that killer smile. I looked at him confused, it seemed like Bryce was a different person sometimes. He's either really bubbly and energetic or serious and hard to read.

I watched curiously as he ate his food, he seemed distracted and didn't notice me watching him, once again I saw that far off look in his eyes, like he was somewhere else. Something just wasn't right with this place and the people in it.

I'm not just talking about Coda and Bryce, even Mr. Jones seemed a little weird, he was always to happy, he just didn't seem right. Sometimes I would get this weird feeling, like he was a fake. When he would say stuff, it's like he's rehearsed the line.

The staff workers are all a little suspicious to, there overly happy, like there trying too hard to seem normal, which just makes them seem insane.

I began to feel an ache at the back of my head, I was probably just reading too much into this.

I got up and went back to my room; I glanced back at Bryce, and saw that he still hadn't noticed I was gone.

Something's definitely up with this place.

~~~~~~

Hope you guys liked!! :D

fan? vote? comment?

<3 <3