Jumping Inside

So a week after the Snowball disaster Betty and Veronica were still not exactly on speaking terms. Betty's family had heard rumors about what happened and things were tense in their household. The Lodges were confused at first but ultimately embraced their daughter for who she was. However, Veronica still had yet to hear from Archie about the whole thing.

"Kevin, I don't know what to do. I left like a million messages on his phone and he literally avoids me in class."

Kevin smiled sadly, "Archie really isn't the one you should be worried about." He gestured to Betty who sat on the steps to Riverdale high while she waited for the bus. She cradled her lunchbox on her lap and endured the stares and taunts coming from other kids. Her lips formed a tight line and Veronica swore she saw tears form in her eyes.

The brunette pushed through the crowd that started forming around Betty. They began shouting slurs at the blonde. Veronica put her coat around Betty's shoulders and ushered her inside, much to the pleasure of the hecklers who began shouting even more explicit things.

Once inside, Betty pushed Veronica off her. "Leave me alone."

Veronica was shocked, "if it wasn't for me, you'd still be out there being mocked by the entire student body."

"Well if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be in this position."

Veronicas mouth fell open. "You kissed me first."

Betty rolled her eyes. "Yeah right. You wish."

Veronica cracked a smile and saw that reflect in Betty's eyes. "It was a good kiss though. You have to admit."

Betty smiled too and leaned against a locker. "It was the best kiss I ever had."

"Mine too." Veronica sighed and hit her lip. "I'll leave you alone." She turned to walk home when Betty called out.

"V, your jacket..."

When Veronica turned around, Betty had an outstretched hand holding her jacket and tears staining her cheeks.

"Oh Betty..."

She pushed the jacket to the ground and closed the gap between the two.

"What about the oth-"

"Oh who cares?"

Veronica wrapped her arms around Betty's neck and pressed her lips to the blondes lips. Betty sighed and deepened the kiss. Her hands tightened around Veronicas waist and she pressed herself against her.

"Oh God, Veronica." Betty broke the kiss and pressed her forehead against Veronica's.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Betty. I always will."

"What about Archie?"

"Yeah. What about me?"

Veronicas blood went cold. Her stomach dropped. "A-Archiekins?" She turned around slowly.

She took in his appearance. Tousled red hair, tight fitting black shirt, guitar strapped onto his back. As normal as he looked his eyes screamed with anger.

"I didn't want you to find out this way."

Before Archie could open his mouth, Reggie pushed open the door and jumped inside. "PARTY AT ARCH"S HOUSE TONIGHT!"

"See you girls there." Archie turned and left before Veronica could follow. 

________________________

Veronica put on her prettiest black dress and puckered her lips as she applied her lipgloss. She pressed her fingers to her lip, remembering the steamy kiss she and Betty had earlier. When the blush spread over her cheeks, she quickly remembered Archie. He was the perfect gentlemen to her while they dated... she didn't want to lose him. Veronica, for once, was at a loss for who to choose. 

Suddenly there was a knock on her door. 

"Mija, there's someone here for you."

Her heart beat increased. "I'll be right down." As she made her way down she realized there was only one person she could ever hope would be behind that door. The one she would choose.

She opened the door. 

"Betty!" She smiled, "you're early."

"I thought we could talk in the car."

Veronica nodded and grabbed her car keys. As they got into her car, Veronica noticed how Betty's beautiful pink dress accented her pink blush and blue eyes. It also accented her beautiful curves Veronica so desperately wanted to feel again.

When Veronica started the car, Betty grabbed her face and pulled it to her own. Veronica felt the softness they had in their first kiss. She pulled back and stared into Betty's big blue eyes. She could stay here forever. 

"do you still love Archie?"

Veronica laughed, "No."

"Really?"

"Betty," she grabbed the blondes hand, "It's you who I love..." she brushed her lips against Betty's.

"It was always you..."

A/N: Arch's big party next chapter....