"I love you, too"

It all started last September between the new girl and the girl next door.

A gentle kiss in a sweaty gym quickly turned into one of the worlds most dizzying love affairs.

For four months the two were inseparable; B and V were like Siamese twins joined at the hip. The residents of Riverdale admired what seemed to be the closest friendship that ever graced their town. They were completely oblivious to the fact that B and V were actually in love and probably had had sex in every public bathroom the town had to offer. After all, V was a perfect actress and taught B her tricks, as well as a couple of other things.

Four months into their relationship - January 16 - B received amazing news that would end up only bringing heartache.

"Oh my gosh, my sister is coming to visit!" She squealed and reread the text message several times. Veronica put her arm around Betty.

"Thats amazing, honey." She kissed her cheek and snuggled into her shoulder. "I can't wait to meet the infamous Polly."

Betty froze and Veronica physically felt Betty clam up. "You...you can't meet her."

Veronica felt her stomach drop. "What do you mean I can't meet her?" She pushed the blonde away to meet her eyes.

Betty bit her lip and broke eye contact  "I don't think that would be...okay."

"Why not," Veronica was angry now, she put her hands on her hips, "why cant i meet her?"

"She reads me really well. She would know."

"And? We've been together for four months. It's about time you came out to your family. This might be the best time since Polly barely visits."

Betty wrapped her arms around her stomach, "i...can't."

"Come on Bett-"

"I said I CANT" Betty lashed out shoving Veronica away. "I dont want to disappoint them. Dont you see? We were never going to have a happy ending anyway. Thanks for the fling, but I don't want in on this 'fairytale' you have come up with."

Veronica was speechless.

"Didn't you hear me? I don't want this. I'd rather fake my happiness with a man than be the gay daughter of the Coopers."

Tears welled up in Veronica's eyes. "So just like this you want to leave? You seemed so happy earlier."

"I was. I just realized reality won't let me be."

"Betty..." Veronica scooted closer and cradled Betty's face with her hand, "I love you. I never want to lose you."

Betty looked away.

"Didn't you hea-"

"Yes I heard. Please just leave."

Veronica sighed and grabbed her purse. "You know, it's better to be honest with people you love than to live a lie." She left the room, slamming the door.

Tears fell down Betty's cheeks. "I know. I love you, too, Veronica."