Tear in my heart

"You're not even trying, are you?" Betty's voice echoed through the small garage. She sat cross legged watching Veronica attempt to pull together a dance routine out of thin air.

"I am trying, blondie." She huffed and crossed her arms over her chest. "I stayed up late last night thinking of good cheer moves." It was indeed true; however Veronica simply forgot everything she planned last night.  The source of her forgetfulness, undoubtedly, was the fact that Betty's skirt seemed to creepy endlessly up, causing the brunette much distraction.

Betty rolled her eyes, "look I didn't ask to be paired up with you. The least you can do is remember your dance moves."

"Fine B if you're so high and mighty why don't you show me your moves?" She plopped down on the mat and stretched her legs out. "Times wasting!"

Betty blushed, "I-i'm not that good."

Veronica smiled. She spent enough time admiring the blonde to know she was either lying or blind. "Trust me, you're amazing."

"How would you know? You're on varsity."

"Uh, I-"

"Whatever." Betty dropped her pom poms on the ground and got up to grab a bottle of water. "Its not like I care about your life anymore."

"Oh come on B, is this about what happened last mont-"

Betty's grip on the bottle tightened suddenly, causing water to spill out and onto the floor. "You're not bringing that up, not today Veronica Lodge." She capped the bottle and set it down. "My mother is here, fyi." She took two steps closer to Veronica. "If she finds out, I'll never, ever forgive you."

Veronica put her hands on Betty's shoulders to try and calm her down. She was shaking and her face was completely crimson. "Betty, I promise she'll never find out." The brunette tucked a blonde curl back behind Betty's ear. She cupped her cheek and smiled, "I promise I'd never do anything to hurt you, Betty."

For a moment, Betty believed her. For in that moment Betty turned her face into the touch. She smiled, but only for that moment, and her eyes had lit up, the blue irises gleaming in excitement Veronica saw only once before.

But that was before Betty pushed Veronica away. "Look," she grabbed onto the necklace she wore, "I don't want this."

"Betty..."

"No Veronica, you don't understand!" Betty turned away and ran her fingers through her hair. "My family isn't like yours okay?" She yanked the chain of the necklace and it broke off. She held it by the charm out to Veronica. "I want to forget about this, all of it.  It will never work, not with my family."

Veronica bit her lip and crossed her arms. "I get it, B. Don't worry, I get the message real well." She grabbed the necklace out of Betty's hand and stuffed it into her bag. 

Before Betty could start forming a response, Veronica had already grabbed her jacket and ran out into the pouring rain. It fell on her face making it hard to tell if the smeared mascara was because of the shower or her own tears. She pulled out the rose gold necklace and admired the charm- a small heart engraved with 'B&V' in the middle. Veronica gave it to Betty when they first became official five months ago, as a token of Veronica's love.

She still did and knew in her heart she would truly love Betty forever.

Betty's family was too religious. She understood the scorn that Polly had gone through a year ago. Betty never wanted to be the type of girl to disappoint her parents. She could never date girls and risk the same fate as Polly, even though she definitely had the desire to.

Betty could never love Veronica again.

A/N: i have no clue what this is
join me in the journey of finding out what this fanfic is about
I really want to include Reggie but i don't know how