8:Meeting Terence Higgs

It was your 4rd year in Hogwarts and you were in hufflepuff. The year started off slow, the year before Seamus, your step brother, had been sorted into Gryffindor. Professor McGonagall wanted me to help a 3rd year, Terence Higgs, with tranfiguration, considering it was my best class.
We planed to meet in the library a while before dinner.
When I was getting my things together, one of my roommates came in.

"Y/N, your not really going to help this kid are you?"

"Yeah, I am."

"But he's a SLYTHERIN." She crossed her arms.

"And, he needs help with his classes. And his house shouldn't affect that."

"I'll never understand you."

"Not many people do. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to help a boy with tranfiguration."

When I walked in I took notice that Terence was already there. I walked up to the table and sat down.

"Sorry I'm late Higgs. Got caught up for a second."

"It's fine . I just got here."

"Alright then. What part do you need help on?"

I help him understand the material better for about an hour and a half.

"We've been studying for a while now, can we take a break?"

"Yeah sure." I closed the book in front of me and looked at him.

"So, is it weird?" He asked.

"What?"

"Is it weird. Having a brother in a different house than you."

"Oh, well Seamus isn't really my brother. He's my step brother. But i guess it's kinda weird."

"How does that work? The step brother thing i mean."

"Well when I was about 3 years old, my parents got divorced, and my dad got married with Seamus' s mom and had him."

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what? For my parents splitting up?" He nodded. " You shouldn't be. No one could really control it."

"Well, if you ever want to talk about it, I'm always here."

"Thanks Terence. That means a lot to me."

"No problem Y/N. We should probably go to dinner now. Thanks for helping me with tranfiguration." 

"It was fun. We should hang out again."

"Yeah I'd like that. Well I'll see you later Y/N."

"Bye Terence."

That's how our friendship started.