Chapter Twenty

Okay, the song attached isn't what this chapter is going to be based on, I just like the song and I think this is what is going through Joey's mind through the chapter. Also, I want you all to listen to it...sue me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Three Weeks Later)

(Joey's POV)

I've been living in the homeless shelter for three weeks, I know I'm going to be kicked out soon. I've overstayed my welcome apparently, just like I did with Daniel. "I'm sorry Mr. Graceffa, we need the space for people who really have no place to go." "What are you talking about? I got kicked out of my house and my boyfriend kicked me out too! I have no place to go! Can't I just stay a little longer?" The woman shakes her head "it's been three weeks, you should've figured it out by now" is she fucking serious? I grab my duffle bag with a sigh, flipping off the owner before rushing out the doors. I walk down the streets with tears fleeting down my cheeks, I now have nowhere to go. Walking into Walmart, I purchase a blanket and a pillow, quickly checking out before rushing away.

As I was laying on the concrete ground between the town restaurant and the town's supermarket, I pick up my phone to see that an unknown number had continuously called me and left me multiple voicemails. Listening to one, Daniel's voice booms through my speaker "J-Joey, being without you these three weeks really showed me how much I really need you. I'm very sorry that I kicked you out, I miss you." Rolling my eyes, I delete the messages, there's no way he misses me. I mean, he kicked me out.

I just need to get over him, that's going to be impossible though. I keep seeing him everywhere. When I wake up, when I talk, when I lay down, when I walk, when I'm sleeping. Whenever I try to catch a break, he just keeps on haunting me. I just have to get over him the same way he got over me. And stop wondering where he is now.

(Daniel's POV)

Hanging up the payphone again, I slam my fists against the plexiglass of the telephone booth. I look at my arms and sigh, my tattoos covered with dark red lines that spelled out the name of the one I let go. These past three weeks have been hell. Joey was right by all accounts. I shouldn't have kicked him out. If I wanted to get to know him more, I should've taken him on more dates or ask questions. I push people away. As I was walking home, I notice someone curled up against the brick wall of the supermarket. Walking closer, I gasp as I recognize Joey's hair. Moving beside him, I pull him against me, rubbing his back. Joey jumps, his head snapping up "Daniel" he moves away from me but I pull him back "Joey, I know you won't take me back easily. I know I'll have to work hard to get you to forgive me, but I'll do anything it takes. I miss you like crazy and you were one hundred percent right. I should've taken you out on more dates instead of kicking you out. I was a complete asshole, I don't have a good reason as to why I did what I did.

"I love you, Joey. I know what I did was completely unreasonable. And I know you're probably going to push me away when I finish talking. But I just want you to know how much I love you and that I'll always love you, no matter what I say or do. Life has been hell for me the past three weeks, I've found myself in a dark world without you. You never were the reason for my panic attacks, you were the one who helped keep them away. For me to think that for a second that we weren't as strong as we've ever been was wrong. We're just as strong as we were when we started. Life without you is something I never want to experience again, life without you is like living in a nightmare that never ends. I miss you so much, I love you more than life. More than I want to breathe. Please, Joey, give me another chance."

Joey looks up at me, tears falling down both of our faces. He raises his hand and I brace myself for a slap. Instead, he grabs my arm and gasps "Daniel...have you been..." I nod, looking down at the ground. Joey tips my head up and kisses me. Joey whispers against my lips "I missed you too, I love you" wrapping my arms around him, Joey sits on my lap. We sit in silence for awhile, just enjoying being together once again. But as night fell, I wrapped Joey up in his blanket and carried him to my car, he rested his head on my shoulder and smiled. Bringing him home, Joey refuses to get out of the car. "Daniel, you told me that you weren't happy with me moving in. Do you still mean that?" "Of course not, Joey, I was a complete asshole when I told you that. I didn't mean it. I love living with you. I love waking up beside you every day, falling asleep with you cuddled up to me. I love having you around. Nothing I said that day was meaningful, besides me saying I'd never cheat on you. I'd rather jump into shark-infested waters than cheat on you." Joey kisses my cheek and jumps out of the car, running to my side. Standing outside the door, I look down at my feet "Daniel? Are you okay?"

"I just want you to remember what I told you, life without you was hell." Joey nods, taking my hand. I open the door and let Joey walk in first. "Oh my God" looking in, I stand beside Joey as he looks around. There were cushions everywhere, some ripped others not. Paper was everywhere as well, chairs were flipped. Basically, the whole house was devastated. "Daniel..." I walked over to the bedroom silently, not wanting to see the look on Joey's face. I hear footsteps coming into the room before Joey sits beside me "Daniel, why?" "I had so many panic attacks, and you weren't there. They got worse and this happened" I say, showing him my arms. "You cut yourself because I wasn't there?" "Because I pushed you away! Because I kicked you out! Because of me!" Joey hugs me as I cry against his shoulder "I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I'm sorry" Joey shushes me, rubbing my back. "I'm glad you came back for me, that's all that matters."