"Actually... Eevee... there's something I didn't tell you before because of how scared I was一"

"There's no need for explaining," an even more commanding voice roared.

"Dad! D-don't tell me you also think it's Pikachu!" Eevee exclaimed.

"Come with us," he merely said, nodding at his mate, as both led the way outside.

The Umbreon and Espeon walked the two to the entrance of the Eeveelution Forest, all Eeveelutions and Eevees, including Zeni, Purin, Shynee, Leafia and even Teddy (who looked at them with saddened eyes), were all reunited there. Like some sort of assembly.

Pikachu noticed everyone giving him death glares. His whole body started trembling when the Umbreon confronted him.

"You have dishonored your word. And this family along with it. Now the whole camp knows there's an intruder and that we're harboring it," Umbreon said, sternly.

He walked closer to the trembling Pikachu. "Do you know that the camp strongly forbids trained Pokémon?"

"Y-you... you don't understand, sir!" the yellow mouse pleaded under his threatening gaze.

"I do understand, very clearly. You infiltrated into our territory, behind the forces of some human, you got close to the leading family..." He glanced at an agitated Eevee.

"...To my daughter. You charmed everyone. And when you had everything at your grasp, your miserable owners, who've been patrolling around for the past month, have now come to reclaim you. Revealing our location and putting our forest in the danger that is the rotten human species."

"What?! I didn't mean any of that! I didn't mean any harm. I just escaped from my trainer! I wasn't recruited by anyone! I'm sorry! I一 I'm sorry!" A sob caught up to his throat.

"I don't want to leave... I don't want to leave the camp. I... I don't want to leave Eevee!"

"I knew I couldn't trust you," the Dark-type growled lowly.

Umbreon's eyes flared with fury at the outsider and he was preparing to shoot an attack until Eevee herself jumped between the Pikachu and the Umbreon.

"Stop!" her usually soft voice boomed and almost shook the ground.

She looked at Pikachu with hurt eyes. She was hurt he hid all that from her. But when she looked deep into his sincere brown eyes, she could tell he was still the same Pikachu she knew and loved in so many ways.

"I won't let you hurt him, Dad!" she shouted in a challenging tone.

"Eevee! Get out of the way! This is for your own safety," he yelled, frustrated.

"No, I won't! I don't want him to leave either! You can't do this to him!"

Umbreon became passive again.

"I won't hurt him," he stated, making Eevee's and Pikachu's eyes light up.

"But I won't let him stay."

"What?! No!" they both shrieked in horror.

"It's rules, Eevee. He's broken them... and the payment is... exile."

Distressed tears began falling from the eyes of the pair. "No! Pikachu!" she cried again, trying to get to him as she felt herself being forcefully separated from her best friend.

"Eevee...!" he shouted back, feeling the desperation pile up on him.

Espeon got between the two. "Eevee, dear. You must understand. This is for your own sake... and the rest of the community," she said calmly, leaning down towards her.

"But... Pikachu can't leave me... I cannot let him go," She refused to believe this fact, brushing away her sobs and swallowing her crying.

"Letting go always hurts... but it is always for the best, too, sweetie."

Espeon turned around and faced the boy. "Pikachu... you must return to your trainer. He seems to hold some kind of... loyalty, towards you. He's endeared by you and I can tell you are for him as well. As much as you like Eevee, every Pokémon has a place."

She glanced at her mother, with teary eyes, then at Pikachu, who looked just as hurt.

"Goodbye... Pikachu."

"E-Eevee... goodbye."
.

.

.

"It was nice knowing you," they mumbled in pained acceptance, not able to keep staring at each other.

And so he left. Far away, back to where he belonged. But, still, he could feel a piece of his heart... left behind.

As he walked away, filled with numb sorrow, he felt a familiar presence and glanced up to see Eevee looking at him from a rocky hill, watching him go.

"Eevee..."

"Pikachu..."

"No matter what... I promise, I'll never forget you."

"I'll never forget you, either."

She held her flower close to her heart, between her paws, as he disappeared around the trees, under the rising sun.

 -                           
Thanks for helping this story reach 1.k reads and for always being so nice! I'm very thankful!

Especially to Wolfy426, fazzbear6, -Candy_Chiu-, HStarSuH,ZoruaMof,JennaGoering who've liked and voted for this story ^^
-
Please remember to hit the little star if you enjoy! 🌟