Family friendship

Start from the beginning

She stayed quiet for a while. "We have history together... back when we were little, we were the best of friends. Since Zorua wasn't around very often, I used to play with her all the time. We were like... sisters."

"But why did you stop being close…?" Pikachu asked, confused.

"B-because... because she stopped hanging out with me. Suddenly, she acted all like she was in some higher position than me. I felt betrayed and... even though it was a long time ago. I still feel a grudge," she whispered last part.

"Does Shynee still ignore you?" Pikachu asked, anger in his voice.

"No... not really, actually, she's been trying to get close to me again... as you can see. But honestly I have no interest in getting back with her!" Eevee exclaimed firmly.

Pikachu calmed down. "I don't know, Eevee... maybe she has changed. Though hearing this made me lose some trust in her... you should give her a chance!"

"I just can't forget that day! How she turned her back on me! It's not that easy just forgetting about something like that, Pikachu!" Eevee stormed off.

"Wait, Eevee!" the yellow mouse shouted before she disappeared from the field.

...

He didn't understand. That who you thought was your sister would just say you're not good enough one day and ditch you. She left her. And then after all the hurt she suffered, just wanted to act like nothing happened.

And not only that but the fact she was so arrogant. Eevee hated that kind of Pokémon most of all. It angered her the mere mention of Shynee.

.
.
.

So why was she considering what Pikachu said?

That she should give her snobby cousin a chance. Look from her point of view. Forgive her and be her friend again.

"Pfft, as if," she told herself. Shynee didn't deserve it. Not after that. A swift flashback came to her.
.
.
.

"Hahaha! Bet you won't catch me, cuz!" A small brown Eevee beamed under the just as bright sunshine as she ran.

"Oh, really? I don't think so~" her white companion said. The shiny leapt over her playfully, falling on top of the normal Eevee.

"Ow! You're heavy, ya know!" she squealed. The two laughed happily.

"But… you're the best cousin, Shynee," Eevee said still, relaxing beside Shynee, comfortable. The other young Eevee next to her gave her a sincere small smile, fluffy tail waving momentarily.

"You're the best cousin, too!" she chirped, more enthusiastically.

Then they saw some other Eevees crossing by. "Are they still playing together?" someone whispered, yet Shynee heard her clearly; her friend too distracted to notice.