His Rejection Killed Me...Almost. (Edited)

Start from the beginning

He explained quickly.

"Drop me off here, I'll just walk it's only a few blocks."

I wanted to just take him there and be done with it but I knew is ego wouldn't allow it.

After all why would he want to be seen with me?

"I'll have Blake take me home, so don't wait for me."

He spoke before closing the door and heading towards the school.

I put the car back into drive and proceeded towards the parking lot.

I grabbed my bag from the back seat, cutting the engine off and opening my door after I'd parked.

As I locked my car and swung my bag over my shoulder, I overheard Dustin and his friends snickering about me.

"There she goes now, what a waste of space."

He shook his head, fist bumping one of his friends before I quickened my pace.

As I found my way through the entrance to the school I found myself gazing at all of the mated couples within our campus, they all looked so peaceful and content with each other.

Everything else to them was irrelevant and it must have been wonderful.

Suddenly I felt my shoulder come into contact with something hard and I winced as I stepped back and examined what I'd run into.

I recognized him to be one of my brother's friends, Chase.

I was puzzled by his presence, as to my knowledge he'd graduated almost a year ago.

"Oh man I'm sorry, are you alright?"

He asked, reaching out with his hand for my shoulder.

"Yes, I'm alright."

I replied, clutching onto my shoulder as I tried to round the corner to my next class.

"Are you sure? That sounded like it hurt, maybe a nurse-"

"Listen, I don't need your help and I don't need it from someone like you. Just leave "waste of space" alone alright?"

I turned on my heel and headed towards the classroom.

-------------------------------

It was finally lunch and I sat a table with a copy of Romeo and Juliet and my bottle of water.

I had no friends around the school, and the friends I managed to make at one point were now sat at a table with my brother.

Reading kept me occupied enough to not notice anyone else...almost.

In the middle of the lunch period, I felt eyes on my back, and eventually the heat of their stare gave me the curiosity I needed.

I found myself unable to concentrate any longer.

I had to find out who it was.

My eyes surveyed the cafeteria until my eyes met his, Alpha Blake Reynolds.

The Alpha of the Shadow Valley pack, one of our neighboring ally packs. He was one of the youngest males to ever become Alpha, he led s large community of Wolves and...he was my brother's closest friend.

His eyes bore into mine and I felt my heartbeat increasing steadily.

The hands that caressed the body of the girl in his lap suddenly made me possessive and jealous.