33. A Walk To Remember

"Kharoos Buddha!" Meeza shouted in anger

"What does he think of himself! He's not my boss!! He doesn't have to give me orders like that!!" She continued to yell across the lawn.

"But you said you were up for any kind of job, didn't you?" Laughed Saaleha. Meeza gave her a look of disgust.

"Any minute now Meeza's chappal will come flying at me mum" she bend over her mother's shoulder and whispered in her ear.

Aunty Shakeela couldn't stop her laughter. She clutched her belly and looked hysterically at her raging daughters.

"Relax Meeza" Saaleha joined in on her mother's laughing

"It really isn't funny" Meeza rolled her eyes.

"I think it is" Aunty Shakeela burst into laughter again.

"What are you going to do now" Saaleha controlled her laugh after seeing her sisters intent glare.

"I'm going to buy the book off a store and put it on his luxury desk before 7 am, that's what I'll do!"

"That's ridiculous none of the stores are open now" Saaleha spoke adding a spoonful of rice into her mouth.

"What am I supposed to do then!!" her hand gripped onto the railing tight her knuckles turned white.

"I searched every shelve, every corner! I didn't leave any row, I didn't find it anywhere" Meeza stressed.

Her emphasising talk made her mother crack up again.

"You continue laughing, I'm going to pray my esha"

"Okay sorry beta suno" she tried to stop her but she stormed off from there.

Aunty Shakeela wiped off her tears and started to cough because of excess laughter.

"I haven't laughed like this since your father was alive"

"I noticed too" Saaleha smiled at her mother.

"By the way this pulao is delicious" Saaleha spoke with her mouth stuffed with rice.

"Thank you beta" She sighed with a content smile.

-

"Come in" he answered.

He was reading a book and looked up to see Meeza enter.