part 1.

────────────────

A few days later...

────────────────

With the new transition of all Southside High students who had now been forced to enrol in Riverdale High, Jughead Jones found that having to see Betty Cooper everyday was excruciating. What was even worse, was the fact that whenever he saw her, she seemed to be accompanied by none other than Archie Andrews ─ this made him especially bitter.

It was no surprise that soon after Cheryl had witnessed an unexpected romance between Betty and Archie, that the rumour had spread like wildfire. The next morning, Cheryl had taken to Twitter to report her newest findings, and naturally, the rest of the students went wild. Some of them couldn't possibly have been any happier, rejoicing over the fact that Riverdale's resident golden girl and golden boy, had finally come together. Others, not so much...

With the new revelations that Cheryl had brought to light, seeing his former girlfriend with his childhood best friend, made Jughead feel a strange sense of emptiness. Though he knew it was selfish, he couldn't stop himself from feeling a pang of jealousy, especially due to the fact that Betty seemed a lot happier than when she was with him. He knew it wasn't going to be easy, but that certainly did not prepare him for the shattering pain that the situation brought to him. It was as though his heart had dropped through his stomach, crashing down to the ground. All sense had been knocked out of him, and all he was, was numb. She was so radiant, so close, yet so far, all at the very same time.
He couldn't breathe.

────────────────

────────────────

What he felt most, was regret. Remorse for the way he left her and the way he had treated her. He couldn't help but think that she was so much better off without him; alas, she was smiling as if she didn't have a care in the world.

Little did he know, for that was one of Betty's many hidden talents.