"Lou?" I called.

"Hmmm?"

"Did you go to the gym or something?"

He suppressed a laugh. My forehead wrinkled and I hit him hard on his arm. But I was wrong to do that. I hit him hard, but his arm was harder. "Why didn't you tell me your arm is made of steel?" I sneered at him.

"You didn't ask."

"Ugh! Just hurry up!"

And again, I hated myself for telling him that. He ran as quickly as he could and I had no choice but to hold on tighter to him. When we reached the school gate, I punched him non-stop. My heart almost jumped out of its cage with the thought that in any moment, I would fall off.

"Tch! Don't you ever do that again!" I warned.

I was meters away but I could still hear his annoying laughter. That guy!

"Hey Clo. You look pale. Are you okay?" asked Van when I sat beside her.

"No. How will I be okay? That stupid Lou carried me on his back on our way here." I said in a tone full of annoyance for that guy.

She laughed, "He what? You mean." she moved in closer to me and whispered, "Piggy back?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Oh my gosh! For real?" she said in an overly ecstatic voice. Was she really getting giddy over that?

"Just as real as this." I said and then pinched her on her cheeks.

"Ouch!" Her hands immediately flew on her cheeks, rubbing it. "That hurts you know."

I shrugged, "I'm just demonstrating how real that was."

"Whatever. But that's sweet. I mean," she moved a closer to me again and then whispered, "the piggy back thing."

I didn't find it sweet. Actually, it was annoying. And embarrassing. And..... Ugh! It just that. Annoying. We were already 16 for crying out loud and we're still doing piggy back.... on the streets!

"Not sweet. Not even a bit."

"Is that congenital insensitivity? Or pure dumbness?"

My jaw dropped. How could she tell me, straight to my face, that I was dumb? "Excuse me? Dumb? Me?"

"Yeah. You. Dumb. C'mon. That gesture's sweet! Can't you even feel a single thing? Lou's being nice to you." She said in a matter of factly tone.

He's being nice, I get it. But piggy back, isn't nice. Though I the intention's there, still, it isn't nice. "Intention. Got the point. But piggy back? Not nice."

"Psh. Sure. So you say." she said lazily.

I was walking down the hallway when I saw Drake with his guys. I wanted to talk to him 'coz I haven't properly thanked him for what he did for me. But those guys were there. I didn't want to just cut them off because I wanted to. So I just passed by. Maybe another time.

Lou was waiting for me at the cafeteria so I had to get there fast. He had ordered for two when I got there. Lasagna, iced tea and brownies.

"Cool. Thanks for the treat Lou." I said as I sat down on the chair in front of him.

"No treat. You're going to pay me." he said.

My nose wrinkled. Stingy! It was just lasagna and iced tea!

He reached for my nose and pinched it lightly. "Just kidding. Eat up."

I ate the lasagna like it was the first time I ever ate that. It was my most favorite and I just love Lou for remembering that. I really thought he had forgotten 'coz we were 8 when we last met.