Determination

I heard the dripping sound of water droplets hitting the ground.
When I came to it, I wasn’t in the underground treasury; I was sitting on the bed in the bedroom of royalty.
Perhaps because it had been left alone for three months, it’s quite dusty. But still, it was a room used by those of royal blood, and the bed had a warm, high-class feel to it.
When I look outside, I see that, even though it had been so clear outside during the day, rain flows continuously down from the sky.

《You’ll never see your precious people again》

To me, these words were something close to a death sentence.
I have yet to return anything to them.
My clumsy, and kind mother.
The one who’s always worrying for others, my good-natured father.
My sweet-loving best friend, who acted without thinking; albeit with good intention.
The thought that I can’t meet them again fills me with sad emotions.
But… the sound of falling rain, little by little, begins to soften the pain. That’s the feeling I get.

“Mizuki, are you alright?”
“Yeah, I’m fine. I’m sorry to have worried you.”

At the very least, I don’t want to worry Celeilia.
Or else the one who swore it… the young me who swore never to hurt anyone would laugh at me.

“I’m glad that rain started to fall…”
“… You like the rain, Mizuki?”
“Yeah, I love it.”
“I see… I also like the rain.”

Well that’s nice.
Rain is usually treated as a symbol of sadness, but it gives me warm emotions.
As I strain my ears, I hear the sound of countless raindrops cutting through the air.
There is no life. In this lonely world, I’m glad that the rain managed to live on.

“As I thought, Mizuki, you should not be in this world.”
“What do you mean?”
“I believe I said, 『At this rate』 right?”
“…. Yeah.”

The meaning behind these words was… a possibility.
They’re words meant to offer me salvation.
But…

“If you could do something like that, then why are you here, Celeilia?”

In a world where she had given up hope of finding life.
If she had noticed the existence of other worlds, there should have been the option of leaving for her.
At the very least, if something as convenient as magic, that’s what I would do.
Of course, perhaps there’s some reason she cannot do that.
I asked in a panic, but I’m sure she gave up because she couldn’t do it.
But Celeilia merely shakes her head from side to side.

“Magic is a study that creates being from nothing.”

Out of nothing… in my world, that surely sounds impossible.
If I use a convoluted thought process, I can think of a few similar things, but as long as the condition of, ‘not using anything’ is attached, I guess there’s nothing comes to mind.

“I am of the Royal Magic Brigade, the School of Nil. I’m of those more knowledgeable about the art of magic, you know.”
“School of Nil?”
“Yes, we researched what couldn’t be seen by the eye, and searched for things that weren’t there. There were even studies done into the existence of other worlds.”
“Then… the fact that I’m here is…”
“That’s how it is. If other worlds do exist, then by theory, it is possible to send you to your own one, Mizuki.”

I’m not sure whether or not those theories can be applied.
Even so, if it’s Celeilia’s words, then I’ll believe them.
We haven’t know each other for long, but I don’t think she’s one to tell lies.
She smiled as she saw me breathe a sigh of relief.

“I’ll definitely return you to your original world. Let me make a promise with you, Mizuki.”
“Thanks…”

As I nodded, she happily stood up.