imagine falling asleep in kili's arms

I am on the quest to reclaim erebor with the company and it is slowly turning to nightfall. We stop at a cliffside to rest for the night. I tie up my pony next to the others and quickly feed him an apple before joining the dwarves at a fire built by either bofur or nori most likely. I sit down on my bed roll across from Fili and kili. I sit up with my back against a rock as I listen in to the dwarves different conversations like who smells better, exchanging bets, who has the best beard but bombur and nori are arguing over what to cook for dinner and how to cook it. I shake my head at the two softly chuckling to myself. I look around the camp watching all the dwarves to see what they are doing. Thorin is looking out into the distance, Dwalin and balin are talking between themselves, Bilbo is reading? Where did he get a book from? I shrug and eventually my eyes land on kili who is talking with his brother. I notice how his eyes light up, how his laugh sounds and how he smiles and nods but isn't actually listening. I realise I am staring and quickly look elsewhere. I then spot a few small stones beside me so I smile to myself as I bundle them up into my left hand. I pick up a stone with my right hand and throw it aimlessly into the air not directing it in any particular direction. I continue with that until I hear a yelp and my head snaps up to see kili looking startled and I realise what had happened... I hit him with a stone. Sorry kili! I say but all he does is smirk at me before continuing his conversation with Fili. Then with a slight shrug I start throwing the stones again until I eventually run out.

Later

Almost everyone is asleep and by almost that means me. I can't sleep I'm uncomfortable. With a sigh I sit up and notice im not the only one awake... kili is too. He smiles at me when he notices I am awake then stands up and walks over to me before sitting beside me. What are you doing awake? he whispers and I sigh I can't sleep. He nods oh... well I'm on night watch. I look at him do you want me to take over I'm up anyway I say and he shakes his head no no im fine I was just bored. I smile nodding alright. We spend a few hours talking which consisted of him making jokes and making me blush and I am thankful it is night so he couldn't see. My eyes slowly start to close but I snap them back open I know im tired now but I still can't sleep. Kili? I say in a tired whisper and he looks down at me what is it y/n? He asks and I sigh im tired but I still can't sleep. He goes quiet like he is thinking and then does something really unexpected. He puts his arms under mine and pulls me up to his chest gently as he rests against the rock. Kili what are you... I start to say but he shushes me by putting his finger to my lips softly. Just sleep y/n he whispers to me so I decide to ignore the closeness and lay my head on his chest. I have never thaught about this before but using kili as a pillow is actually more comfortable than the ground. I hear his heart beating at a gentle and soothing pace and it is relaxing. I close my eyes and being close to kili's heart lulls me to sleep.

Kili's POV

I feel y/ns breathing slow down and become even letting me know she is asleep. I smile softly as I look down at her beautiful face not my usual smirk but a genuine smile. I love this girl and she doesn't even know it. I get my cloak and cover her shaking body. Well there's one reason why she couldn't sleep. I sigh contemplating on whether I should move her or not but I decide not to... she looks comfortable I'll explain to the others in the morning. I can't help myself from kissing her head gently before settling down to sleep. Dwalin should be up for night watch soon and I don't think we will be attacked in the next five minutes so I close my eyes and let sleep take over me.
_______

Hey guys im so sorry I haven't updated the internet in my house decided to die for a couple of days but I can't fix that so I hope you understand anyway I hope you liked this imagine sorry its short but im really tired right now it's just past 11pm (at night) and I had a long boring day at school so can you blame me? Anyway I am back now so don't kill me. I'm going to sleep now so bye! Or goodnight.

Bluewolf