imagine thinking your not good enough for kili

I sigh as I sit down on a log beside the fire pulling out my drawing book and quill. I look up to see who or what I can draw my eyes slowly make their way to Fili he's like an older brother to me I met him in baggend along with his brother kili but me and the durin brothers have become close over the past few months so I call the blonde prince over. Fili! I say and he comes over to me and sits down what is it y/n? are you ok? He asks and I sigh im fine im just bored can I please draw you? I say and he sighs fine... I've got nothing better to do anyway. I smile yay thanks Blondie! I say and he grunts stop calling me Blondie. I ignore him and start drawing I start with his face, then his hair, then his shoulders and body. I then start to draw the details starting with the design on his clothing then moving on to his moustache, then his eyes, ears, mouth and nose and I add the beads on his moustache. I smile happy with my drawing so I pick the book up and show Fili. Woah you actually got every detail that I have on me that's amazing y/n he says and I chuckle thanks Fili. Then he goes quiet like he is thinking. Fili are you ok? I ask and he nods as he turns his attention back on me. Yes im fine im just worried about you that's all he says and I raise an eyebrow what do you mean? He sighs and stands up follow me he says and I stand up and leave my book on the log and follow after him. He leads me into the forest away from the company a bit. Fili why are you worried about me? I ask and he sighs as he stops walking and turns around facing me... well looking down since im shorter. Your in love with my brother he says and my eyes widen what? No im not! I say. Y/n yes you are just admit it everyone already knows stop hiding it please kili is worried about you... your pushing him away he says. Fili I say barely audible.

Ok maybe I am love with kili... maybe I'm pushing him away do you want to know why? Well its because he is a prince I can't be with him he deserves so much better than me Fili and he knows it. I turn around after my rant and see Fili has been replaced with kili. My eyes widen as I slowly take a step back. I was about to turn and run but before I could I feel someone grab my hand and push me against a tree gently. I let tears run down my cheeks as I look up to kili's deep brown eyes afraid of what he will do or say. Then I notice a tear slowly run down his cheek. Y/n why... how could you ever say that? I look at the ground unable to look at him anymore he heard my rant... he knows why I was- am pushing him away how did Fili even get him there without me knowing? Ugh im so stupid how did I not know that Fili would do that... I need to get away from kili I can't even look at him. I was about to try and get away from him when I feel a hand slowly lift my chin up. Y/n please I need to know he says softly and slowly takes my left hand (which is cold) and brings to his lips and kisses my knuckle his eyes never leaving mine as he watches to see if I do anything. He then steps closer to me making our chests touch. Talk to me y/n he whispers. Somehow he got me stuck in a trance which I bring myself out of by shaking my head and I manage to get out of his grasp. Kili I... I can't do this its hard because your a prince you know im not good enough for you thorin will kill me... then probably you. I'm not even being myself right now I have all these weird emotions in my head I can't think straight... ugh forget it I don't even know what im saying anymore I say. Y/n he says and I turn around to face him. All I want to know is why you keep pushing me away he says and I sigh that's complicated too. Take your time he says.

Well... after we escaped mirkwood Fili told me that you... love me I didn't know if it was a joke or prank or if it was true so I got confused and then I realized that it could be true... and it scared me because I didn't think you could love someone like me... so I pushed you away it was the only thing I could think of although it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life I say and he walks over to me. So... the only reason you pushed me away was because you were scared that I had fallen in love with you he says and I nod. He smiles slightly so what if I told you that I did fall in love with you. I look up at him in shock y-you what? I say and he smiles again its true y/n I do love you. I shake my head no no you can't love me that was not meant to happen I say and he shrugs I can't help it. Yes you can just fall out of love with me I say and he chuckles its not that easy y/n. I sigh I know I just really didn't want it to be true. He takes my hands what is so bad about me being in love with you anyway? He asks his voice softening. I take a minute to think about my answer what is so bad about him being in love with me? I mean he is attractive, funny, sweet and how can you not love those deep brown eyes of his? I feel my stomach release about a million butterflies at that thaught. I was so lost in my thaughts that I didn't notice kili had got closer to me. I smile slightly and shrug nothing I guess. He smiles back so does that mean you love me too? I bite my lip in thaught Fili was right I do love his brother...I think.

I think so I say and he raises an eyebrow slightly is that a yes or a no? He says and I smile its a yes I say shyly. Well that's a relief he says chuckling as he steps closer to me making our bodies touch again. He looks into my eyes and after getting lost in his eyes a bit I feel my cheeks heating up so I look away to hide the blush. Y/n do not hide from me you are beautiful he says gently lifting my chin up. You do this a lot don't you? I say ignoring his compliment. Do what a lot? He asks and I sigh and take his hand off my chin. Kili how many girls have you been with? I ask and he looks at the ground for a second before looking back at me. The truth? He says and I nod please. He sighs im afraid I can't tell you he looks away. Does that mean you've been with a lot? I ask and he shakes his head looking back at me. I've been with a few but not as much as you think he says. I sigh kili please I won't judge it will just make me more comfortable. He sighs I don't want to hurt you y/n. Please kili I say. Alright fine I've been with... eight girls he says. Ok... your actually right I was expecting more than that I say. He nods your ok with it?

I chuckle well you've been with a lot more girls than I have with guys. He smirks how many more? I smile slightly um... eight. What? You mean you haven't been with anyone? He asks. I nod and shrug yea I guess im just waiting for the right one as cliche as that sounds. He chuckles ok I can't wait anymore. Wha... I start but he interrupts me by getting closer to me and pressing his lips against mine. I hesitate at first but I slowly melt into his arms. His lips are soft and instead of the jaggy feeling from his stubble its soft. He lifts his arm cupping my cheek as he slowly comes closer to me. I soon pull away maybe just a bit too quickly. What's wrong? He asks and I sigh I... I need to breath kili you know its kinda one of the main reasons im alive? I say and he chuckles right sorry.

I sigh and that's when my thaughts come rushing in. Kili just kissed me but he's a prince... he must actually love me then... ok there's a scary thaught. Mother of durin why am I letting this happen? I just let a prince kiss me... although I did like it... no! can't think like that. Kili you just kissed me I say and he nods yes your just realising that? I sit on a nearby log and put my head in my hands. I hear footsteps and shuffling and then I feel someone pull my hands away from my face gently. Y/n what's wrong? Kili asks. Kili your a prince I say quietly and he sighs will you get that prince stuff out of your head? Please y/n I might be a prince but that doesn't mean im any different than you plus im not even in line to get the throne and I love you he says. As you said before its not that easy kili you deserve so much better than me I say but he shakes his head stop saying that I love you okay? I couldn't care less if I deserve better than you im in love with you y/n and no one can take your place and most of the princesses I've met are nothing compared to you at least not to me. I smile that was enough to make me feel better this is one of the many things I missed about him when I pushed him away.

He smiles and sits on his knees since he's on the ground and im on a log. Lets try that kiss again shall we? He says and I smile shyly I wouldn't mind that. He leans up to me and places his lips on mine again I felt the same things as I did before. He moves to sit on the log with me without breaking the kiss. Ok he has definitely done this before... possibly something more. I rid myself of those thaughts before I do something stupid. He moves closer to me and he stands up then helps me up. I hesitantly place my hands on his chest but I know he felt the hesitation. He slowly pulls away but his face lingers close as he looks into my eyes. My heart is pounding against my insides and I am very sure kili can feel it. Kili I start but he shushes me by pressing his finger gently against my lips. He then pulls away fully making me take my hands off his chest. Come on y/n we should head back its late he says and I nod as he takes my hand and we walk back to camp. When we get there everyone is asleep and when I see Fili I get an idea. I let go of kili's hand and walk over to my bag to get my quill. I grab the feather and ink and look up to see kili watching me obviously confused so I put a finger to my lips telling him to keep quiet. I go over to Fili and kneel down next to him. I take my quill and dip it in the black ink and start to draw on his face this is what I call revenge. I draw a love heart on his left cheek, a star on his right cheek and an I love Bilbo on his forehead. I put little love hearts around the I love Bilbo and I write kili is better than me beside the star on his right cheek. I nod to myself in content and stand up and see kili has been watching me the whole time. I smile and motion to his brother. He goes over and when he sees what I did he laughs as quietly as he can and then gives me a questioning look. I write why I did it in my sketch book and show him it says its revenge for leaving me. He smiles and nods chuckling before going over to his bed roll next to his brother. I put the book down and lie down in my bed roll before drifting off to sleep.

The next morning I am awoken by the dwarves laughing and a very high pitched girly scream coming from Fili... I guess he found out then. Thats what you get for leaving me.