The Day Is Saved

A little time later, everyone made it to the ancient civilization of Maru.

"Wow, this is where you tried to get Sofia out of the Amulet?" Axel asked.

"That's right," Hugo nodded.

"This place is amazing, but they really let it go," Axel noted.

"The Maruvians disappeared centuries ago," Sofia said. "Nobody knows what happened to them or where they went."

"Well, I do," Elena declared. "I'll tell you later—right now, we have two innocent girls to free."

The Jaquins and unicorns flew into the temple.

"I haven't been here since I freed Elena from my amulet," Sofia declared.

"Here's the wand," Hugo said, handing her the wand.

"Thanks, Hugo," Sofia smiled. She carefully climbed down to another ledge. Then she held her amulet in her hands and said, "I wish to be a mermaid." Then she turned into a mermaid.

Sofia dove into the water and found the statue. She put the jewels on the wand, and then she put the wand on the crown of Aziluna. There was cranking and whirling. The jewels lit up, and then the statue started to rise out of the water. Sofia slid down to the bottom of the statue, still in her mermaid form. The jewels flew off the wand and then flew down to Sofia. Once the jewels hit the ground, they each gave off a flash of light. Right there before everyone's eyes appeared Sara and Daisy. Still sitting on Jaquins, Edelyn, Vaughn, Jesus, and Magda flew down to see their girls.

Sara and Daisy opened their eyes and saw that they were free.

"Thank goodness," Sara sighed.

"I know, right?" Daisy concurred.

"Sara!" Vaughn cried. He and Edelyn hugged their niece tightly.

"Aunt Edelyn! Uncle Vaughn!" Sara exclaimed.

"Mijita!" Magda cried.

"Mamá! Papá!" Daisy cried. She hugged her parents tightly.

"Are you girls okay?" Sofia asked.

"We're okay, but what happened to Tamarix?" Sara asked.

"She's back where she belongs," Sofia smiled, holding the bottle. "Now we need to undo her spell."

Everyone flew all the way back to the city, which was still covered in weeds. Sofia decided there was only one quick way to fix this. She held the wand with both hands, and then she started to bend the wand—and it broke in half. The magic was destroyed, and all the vined weeds disappeared. Everyone cheered, happy that their kingdom was beautiful again.

"Great job, Sofie," Hugo smiled.

"Thanks," Sofia smiled.

"Well, I suppose we should take this back to the Terrible Tower, but we need to make it more secure," Verago declared.

Sofia and Hugo whispered to each other about this, and they faced the Jaquins.

"King Verago, as much as we respect that humans aren't allowed in Vallestrella, would it be all right if Sofia and I built a container to keep this more secure?" Hugo offered.

Verago wasn't sure about letting Sofia and Hugo in Vallestrella, but he knew that they wanted to help make Tamarix's imprisonment more secure. "Absolutely," he smiled.

Mateo let Sofia and Hugo borrow some Tamboritas, so they magically make the moth fairy's imprisonment more secure.